Hunting with a bicycle

String Music

I remember someone posting about this last spring. I think I will give it a go this year. I hunt in the mountains but have pretty level roads to bike on. Anybody else going to give it a try?

VolDoug

I have done it with success.

Be careful about riding in the early morning. You never know when a washout, log, etc. might be in your way and you not be able to see far enough ahead to react.

muddyboots

I just out walk everyone. LOL Funny story. Was at LBL several years back and had just pulled into the area i was gonna start at. Just fixing too head out and this guy comes roaring in and says i heards some gobble here yesterday so i am gonna hunt here too. I said alright lets go. Never saw him again after the first 50 yards. LOL

bvoss

If you've got decent logging roads to ride on and you have a long way to travel, it would probably be good. Sure wouldn't be any fun riding through the woods in the dark! :D I wouldn't want to do it though, because it seems to me you'd be moving too quickly. I bump enough birds sneaking slowly through the woods. In just the right situation though, I can see how it could be effective.

String Music

I bought me a fairly cheap dual-shock mountain bike two days ago. I'm going to weld a gun rack to the back. Should be interesting!

String Music

I have my rig all set up. I'll be testing my bike out tomorrow to see if I will be using it during the season. Hope it works!

VolDoug

IMG_0178.JPG

kdxdude

I been using a bike for many years now. Ocoee & Tellico have Forest Service roads everywhere but a lot of em are gated & locked. I'd always use my bike to ride in deep & get away from other folks. I remember getting out of Church 1 morning & took off to go hunting. I was hammering down riding that bike in & here came 2 old timers with there denim overalls & old singleshots walking back out. I stopped & said hello & asked em if they heard any turkeys, they didn't talk much & I got some purty strange looks from em. I said Good Luck & tore out again! Good Times, Good Times!!

Latest posts