Hunting Gear You Really Miss

1smoothredneck

For me, one thing I'm constantly reminded of during season is how much I miss Gorilla Tree Stands. I have several, and wish I had many more. They were great stands for the money and I was very sad when they went away.

Not many moderately priced stands these days…River's Edge are ok, and I will buy more, but I prefer Gorillas.

It's nice to have options between bargain bin junk & super high end "Mobile hunting " choices.

Gravey

Tree Bark camo.
Anything made by the original Cabelas...
This is Cabelas's Whitetail Clothing line. Wool and goretex. Parents bought it for me for Christmas when I was in college so sometime from 1991-94. It has to be below 30 for me to wear it.
C3657D88-4084-44BE-BF8D-4A8148C02335.jpeg

1smoothredneck

The original Loc-on tree stands. I still have three and even one of their climbers that I have not used in years and wont. Speaking of Cabela's, I still use one of their backpacks. 20+ years old. Great condition.
I have a Lem & a Spirit. Both are great lightweight stands. Way lighter than most stands made today, and the speed ropes are quick & quiet.

Those two are classics in my collection. And, my old Loggy Bayou "Cheap Seat" was my original "hang n bang" mobile hunting setup. That joker is like 6 pounds! It's a little noisy in really cold weather, but for bow season it's sweet

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Trophy leaf scents. They were easy to use, not messy at all, no chance of spillage, and really seemed to work better than the liquid stuff on a wick.

themanpcl

For me, one thing I'm constantly reminded of during season is how much I miss Gorilla Tree Stands. I have several, and wish I had many more. They were great stands for the money and I was very sad when they went away.

Not many moderately priced stands these days…River's Edge are ok, and I will buy more, but I prefer Gorillas.

It's nice to have options between bargain bin junk & super high end "Mobile hunting " choices.
I still have 2 Gorillas. Great stands. I rarely ever use climbers anymore opting for saddle and lightweight lock on and sticks.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I still have 2 Gorillas. Great stands. I rarely ever use climbers anymore opting for saddle and lightweight lock on and sticks.
I also have two of them that I haven't used in years. I stopped using the pins for the cables and used some long shank padlocks. Spent many a day in those stands until I switched to my Summit Goliath.

Latest posts