hunting boots

stik

i preferred rocky until this last pair. the soles crumbled. looking into a new pair before fall but they won't be rocky's.

ghosthunter

Irish Setter makes one tough boot but they usually weigh more compared to others. Danners are a great boot as well. I'm trying to stay with American made boots.

Kimberman

I have had 2 pairs of Rockys that the soles crumbled to pieces. Danner boots are the way to go, they may cost more up front but they will outlast Rockys by a few seasons, and are more comfortable IMO.

go_okfishin

Rocky Wellingtons. I have 2 pairs and yea the soles on one pair turned to dust. I have had that one pair for 8 years and paid $50 to have them resoled. I wear them everday. They still don't leak.

SALECREEKHUNTER

I just bought a pair of Itasca boots before turkey season. I used them all day saturday and sunday and i was very pleased. They are comfortable for doing a lot of walking and they kept my feet dry warm. I was very pleased with a $50 pair of boots. Now the real test is seeing how long they last.

go_okfishin

I bought a pair of Camo Herman Survivors at Wal Mart last year for $25. They use to be a pretty good boot. I just don't like lace up boots, but for $25 I couldn't pass up. 1200 grams of insulation ,too.

ttf909

have a pair of rocky now that leave my feet soakin wet. still under warranty but you have to have receipt of purchase or rocky wont do anything. i say stay away from a boot that leaks after 40 days in the field . looking for something to replace them with now.

stik

and i have never seen a pair of rockys that didn't squeak. i have never had a leak issue(3 pairs over 20 yrs.)and if the soles hadn't crumbled on the last pair, i would be buying another pair of rockys.

Bowdacious

go_okfishin said:
I bought a pair of Camo Herman Survivors at Wal Mart last year for $25. They use to be a pretty good boot. I just don't like lace up boots, but for $25 I couldn't pass up. 1200 grams of insulation ,too.
I got a pair of those but mine only have 600 grams of thinsulate. The seem to work ok but my feet still get cold. Does anyone make a boot with 1 million grams of thinsulate???? ;)
I wear lacrosse alpha burly in the early season.

Latest posts