hunting boots

pulplip fiction

LaCrosse is my choice. The problem with them is they last for so long you dont get to try many others. From the responses - the Muck's must be decent as well.

Locksley

Kentzavol said:
I bought the Herman Survivors also. The first thing I did with them was buy a rubber over slippers for them at the CO-OP. I will probably put the 9.99 rubber slippers on whatever boot that I deer hunt in from now on. They are warmer, do not leak and it helps cover scent displaced by the boots.

Chippewa Boots -50 boots with Vibram soles are great and the Herman Survivors were good before Wall-Mart bought them and started making them in China or some little footed people place. No big wide boots made in China. . LOL

iowavf

Pursuit Hunter said:
LaCrosse Alpha Burly. I have a pair that I wore for five years and retired 'em this year on account of the smell. Bought another pair to replace them. Just did a gear review on them if you're interested. http://pursuithunting.blogspot.com/2010 ... nting.html
I got a pair last fall for deer hunting. Very confortable, but not sure if they have 1000 gram insulation. This was a very cold winter and hunted when temps were 8 to -10 with knee deep snow. Couldn't keep my feet warm even with feet warmers. Will have to get a differant boot for colder weather, but anything above 25 degrees they are a nice boot.

John Harris

SpursNFeathers said:
I have a pair of Danner Kestrel boots - best pair I've ever owned. Only bad thing is that they've quit making them!

I have used Rocky's for 20 years. Wore a set of Rocky Cornstalkers for years and had them resoled because the original soles just fell apart on season. Still have them but the liner has come loose and I am not sure how to deal with that.

Also have a set of Rocky 1000 gram leather made similar to the Cornstalker (don't recall the name). Wear them only a few times a year due to weight.

3 years ago I picked up a set of the Danner Kestrel - best boots I have every used.

Have never tried the Muck or Burly but may get a set and try them.

wlf89

SALECREEKHUNTER said:
I just bought a pair of Itasca boots before turkey season. I used them all day saturday and sunday and i was very pleased. They are comfortable for doing a lot of walking and they kept my feet dry warm. I was very pleased with a $50 pair of boots. Now the real test is seeing how long they last.

if they are like the ones i had they lasted me probly 60 trips to the deer stand before the bottom starts to come unglued they was pretty comfortable and half way warm but just china made crap

SilverHuntr

I bought a pair of Itacsa boots last year for deer/ duck season. Not a bad price, however when I used them this year it didnt take long for the sides to start cracking. Should have forked over the few extra bucks and got Mucks.

Timber Ghost

Used to swear by Rockies, had a pair that lasted many yrs and many miles, finally wore the soles nearly off them. Last 2 prs of Rockies were total junk, leaked from day one, and the soles just crumbled and fell apart. Bought a pair of Wolverines last year, and they are very servicable, but I am going to Mucks this year.