huntground blind info

papaw

I am looking for a good ground blind to bowhunt from and need first hand experience on the pros and cons on what to get. As I said , it will be used to bowhunt from and shooting from a sitting position will not be a problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Papaw

Crosshairy

Look for one with the shoot-through window feature (it's a thin mesh that allows arrows to pass through it, as long as they aren't expandable broadheads). Those can be helpful if you are in a spot where the deer are "in your lap" close range, as it helps conceal your movement.

Also, be sure to set whatever ground blind you get out early and let the deer get used to it. It will help if you put it in your backyard to let the unnatural scents weather off of it for a few days before taking it afield. Bring some pruning shears and/or a hand saw and add some brush to the outsides to help it blend in with whatever vegetation is around. Putting it in the shade helps to make sure there's no glare off the sides.

All that said - I can't recommend a particular brand, because I don't really use them very much. I have an Ameristep blind, but never even put it out this year! I used natural blinds and/or a climbing stand.

Latest posts