Huge button buck

Monk74

36 years of hunting. Never saw a button buck this size. He's bullying 1 1/2 year old 7 points. My guess is he'd dress out at a little over a 100 lbs. Just looking for opinions. Is he a massive fawn from an early spring birth? Or A late born fawn last year that isn't growing antlers like he should?

Monk74

No, it's usually low light. At Citibank though it was a doe. Stiff legged walking with ears laid back. Plan on letting him walk. Just never experienced this.

DoubleRidge

I've seen countless number of button heads over the years and have never witnessed what your seeing?....I've seen a few get cocky and try to act billy bad but they quickly get put back in their place...lol....not sure what's going on with what your seeing? Interesting....

Monk74

I'm baffled as well. Never visited a forum before. Much less posted a question. I'm guessing something is amiss. Given the genetics of my area, this buck has an abnormality that's stopping or inhibiting antler growth.

Ski

If he's a yearling or older, he'd have antlers. Being a button is singularly indicative of a fawn. The only other explanation would be a medical anomaly that I'm unaware of.

Just like kids, some are huge, and sometimes those bruiser kids throw their weight around.

catman529

Your scent control and your ability to blend in must be amazing. To be 5 steps from this deer and surrounded by others. Congratulations on your abilities....
He said it was at the bank. Urban deer used to seeing people in a parking lot is my guess