How much do you shoot?

jmlost

I think I've been shooting too many arrows a day this month. I've been off a lot in December and it seems like the more I shoot the worst I'm shooting. I am thinking about scaling back to just a few arrows a day and really focus on form.

eddie c

Your last sentence is the way to go.
I did 3 shooting session today, each one no more than 10 minutes. My last session was to check my BH arrows for flight since I'm going to South Texas in 2 weeks. :party:

morgancountry

I agree. I'm a newbie to traditional archery but not to things that take practice and repetition. When I lived in a place where I could do it, my Golf game was much better when I could come home and hit 10 or 15 balls every evening instead of spending an hour and a half at the range. If you get too fatigued, form goes out the window and it becomes a waste of time in my opinion. I'm trying to shoot 15 or 20 shots everyday right now starting out. I got a couple of sessions in on Saturday. 1 was horrible and 1 was great. I forgot about the bad one and tried to think about and recall all the things I did on the good session in hopes of ingraining those habits moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southernhunter

I have found for myself if I am struggling it's best to stop for a hour, day and even take a couple days off. I am bad about trying to force myself to have good form but when Iwslk away think about something else and then go back relaxed with a clear mindset I shoot much better.

Lost Lake

Jmlost, I think scaling back a little might help. Traditional archery is so fun that it's easy to shoot for hours on end, and I do believe that can affect form.

I don't shoot as much as I should, but I'd rather shoot ten really good arrows a day and practice good form.

Shooting tournemants does require building up stamina but that can be gradually worked back up to where it needs to be.

JMO

Latest posts