How many shots have you taken?

RackRocker

When I was 8 or 9 I emptied my 30-30 twice lol! That's 14 shots if you was wondering. She just stood up and walked off. Cause dad was laughing so hard.
What about y'all?

cecil30-30

First year I started bowhunting,I shot all 4 of my arrows at a pretty good 8pt that started out at 20yds and when i shot my lastt arrow at him he was at 35 yds..I was a nervous wreck.And he still didn't know I was there.He just stood there looking around.I eventually threw my quiver at him..LOL

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
When i was 11 went to the family farm in west Virginia with my dad he sent me up a tree and came back in a couple of hours and picked up my arrows all 6i of them and left and came back in a couple more hours and oick them up again this happened 4 times before dad said i was done never cut a hair in 24 shots

critter slayer

Started goin huntn when i was 3 started huntn with my own gun and had a few misses but usually one shot one kill but when i was 17 i emptied my 45-70 twice (10 shots) on a lil buck and never touched haha it wasnt funny then but its funny now lol

JCDEERMAN

I'm not going to start thinking real hard about the number. But I do remember one time when I was 12 years old. One weekend, I missed 4 bucks, and on the way back to the house that Sunday morning, a dove flew in a tree about 10 yards from me. I said, "what the heck". Pulled my bow back and shot. It went right through the middle of that dove and the arrow just fell. The dove was stuck in the middle of the arrow. I brought it back and showed everyone at camp that I COULD kill something with a bow, even though they knew it was "buck fever" that I had all weekend. Thats when I learned to keep my mouth shut :D :D

fourwheeler431

I took 3 shots at one,the closest being straight under my stand and then twice at 25yrds. I just set down after the third shot and watched her feed off till I couldn't see her anymore.

Phil1979

cecil30-30 said:
First year I started bowhunting,I shot all 4 of my arrows at a pretty good 8pt that started out at 20yds and when i shot my lastt arrow at him he was at 35 yds..I was a nervous wreck.And he still didn't know I was there.He just stood there looking around.I eventually threw my quiver at him..LOL

That's a good one. Made me laugh and smile. :)

I remember shooting my first deer with a bow. The first arrow stuck in a tree right in front of the deer, never saw that tree. Luckily the doe stood there and I was able to get another arrow at her, she ran and dropped about twenty yards from me.

Shed Hunter

The most Ive ever shot was two at a deer. I shot five at a coyote last year. He was chasing a fawn so I took a running shot and hit him in the legs at over 100 yards with a 30-30. After that he was flipping around on the ground so I ended up shooting four more times and missed two of them.

easy45

I think the most I've shot at one deer was 4 times but I'm proud to say I got him on the fourth shot and he is now on the wall, my second biggest buck ever, had some serious buck fever that morning

BSK

First year I bow-hunted, I emptied my quiver (6 arrows) at a very nice 8-pointer. He just stood broadside watching as each arrow sailed over his back, one after another.

Trapper John

My very first juvy hunt I sprayed more bullets than a Rambo movie. Hit nothing.

The most times I've had to shoot a deer would be four times. He went down on the first. I put another in him when I walked up on him. A few seconds later he was still breathing and trying to stand so I shot again. That one knocked him on his side and when he tried to pick his head up I put one between his shoulder blades. When I gutted him I found the first bullet hit high and far back (I blame myself. Probably flinched.), the next two destroyed his lungs and the final one shattered his spine between the shoulders.

I felt bad about it later for having to use that many shots, but after thinking it over he probably would have expired fairly quickly after the second shot. I was so nervous and jumpy I just kept trying to put him down. That was the second year hunting after killing my first and the first deer that didn't die within seconds and out of sight. In my hunters ed. class they talked frequently about taking this seriously because even though it's just an animal you're still taking a life and it should be done quickly. Seeing it up close like that was a big deal.

cozy23

Last year I shot twice at a doe then she left. Then a coyote came directly under me and I thought I had a shot at redemption but just trimmed some hair off of him. Would have been my first coyote too dang it!

I think I missed a total of 6 time this past year with my bow from not enough practice and untrimmed shooting lanes.

Mike Belt

I took 3 shots at a buck one morning and hit him with 3 killing shots. He just wouldn't go down. I have fired 5 shots a couple of times but that was when I was trying to stack up does and had a wad of them come out. Other than that I'm not a lead slinger. I won't even take the first shot if I question the outcome.

UpperTully

2009, I shot 4 times with a 30-06 at a 8 point standing broadside at 435 yards in a flooded bean field. Each shot I took he would walk a few steps and look behind him. The 4th shot struck him in his spine.

WGK

Buck fever got me on my first deer 8 pointer at oak ridge. I fell asleep in the stand when i woke up he was behind me feeding. My first shot cut down a small tree. My second and third shots he was running up the ridge when he reached the top he stopped turned and here he came. Shots four and five well who knows. He ran about 70 yards below me and stopped. I put another shell in my A5 and dropped him, hit him in the back of the neck. I shot the woods down but I GOT HIM.

Latest posts