Food Plots How fast plants grow under the right circumstances

BSK

Tilled and planted some new plots a week ago Saturday. After 5-6" of rain the week after planting, and lots of hot, humid conditions, already have growing food plots. That's insane after only 9 days in the ground.

Attachments

• plots16.jpg
    plots16.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 127
  • plots17.jpg
    plots17.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 119
  • plots18.jpg
    plots18.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 125

JCDEERMAN

Those look really good! I plan on getting 4 acres put in on Friday/Saturday and hoping to have a few afternoon showers in the days following. I would get more done, but we have a few folks that want to dove hunt opening day over the sorghum/sunflowers we have planted. Or else I'd spray and drill through them. I'll probably drill a few of them

BSK

Although not food plot related, another example of how fast plants grow when conditions are good, the picture on the left, below, is a timber cut we had done during the winter. The picture is taken in late February as we were planting pine seedlings. The picture on the right is that same location now. Simply amazing how fast weeds fill any open space, and how much they can grow in a single season.

Attachments

• logging12.jpg
    logging12.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 84
  • logging13.jpg
    logging13.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 84

RS

Looks good. I'm just glad I haven't had time to disk and sow my plots yet. With the rain we got Saturday on my side of the county, all of the seed and soil would have been down in the Duck River.

BSK

Looks good. I'm just glad I haven't had time to disk and sow my plots yet. With the rain we got Saturday on my side of the county, all of the seed and soil would have been down in the Duck River.
We only got 3.5" out of the big rain, but we had already gotten 2 inches earlier in the week. I was surprised 5-6" of rain in a week didn't cause my plots or property much problem.

megalomaniac

Your place is looking like one of the high dollar clubs you manage! May have to pull a Grant Woods... improve your place to perfection, then sell for a mint and start over somewhere else!

BSK

Your place is looking like one of the high dollar clubs you manage! May have to pull a Grant Woods... improve your place to perfection, then sell for a mint and start over somewhere else!
We've put too much blood, sweat and tears into that place to ever sell. Although I have to admit, the current value is about 15 times what we paid for it!

Latest posts