how do i get started ?

southernhunter

was think about trying my luck at coyote hunting ,but dont have a clue how to get started.we have seen alot on the farm i hunt over the years but never really thought of hunting them til this year.like i said i am not sure how to hunt them. calls ? blinds ? gun? time of day? thanks

stickler

Thats what is good about coyotes you can use the same gun you go deer hunting with and I have had my best luck in the mornings

rem270

just get you a mouth call or a speaker box call. i have a johnny stewart and they can be bought for around 100 bucks. there great calls for the money. a decoy is a plus but you dont have to have one. you can even take a brown teddy bear and put it on a stick off some sort.

play the wind and stay still. yotes are smart

southernhunter

spitndrum, you from around crossville area ?? i see your loc: says cumberland plateau .i moved from crossville i guess around 8 years ago to alabama , but still go back time to time..

J.M.A.N.

southernhunter said:
was think about trying my luck at coyote hunting ,but dont have a clue how to get started.we have seen alot on the farm i hunt over the years but never really thought of hunting them til this year.like i said i am not sure how to hunt them. calls ? blinds ? gun? time of day? thanks

Me too :grin:

Latest posts