How can salt possibly be this good?

Knothead

Notice in the bottom right pic—she showed up around 11 pm. She stayed in that one spot until almost 12:30. Wonder what her sodium levels are?! :oops:;)
Crushed Trophy Rock is the bomb!!

DD03C09E-3A07-432E-A96E-BC8494D387DC.jpeg

BSK

Back when I still used salt licks, I would get picture series of deer licking on those rocks for a 1/2 hour to an hour at a time. How can anything consume that much salt?

philsanchez76

Crazy!! I had a doe earlier this summer who basically single handedly depleted my entire camera battery cuz she would stick on the lick for several hours each night. I got a pic of one buck and then 1000 pics of her!

JCDEERMAN

Several years ago, I remember having a buck at one of our salt licks on and off all night. Not a constant time there, but every 10 minutes he would show back up to lick and this went on for nearly 7 hours. I remember thinking, "DANG, how much salt do you need????"

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
We put some mineral out this spring and i actually had to disable my cell cam. I was getting 300 pics a night. They would visit 2 or 3 times a night and stay up to a couple hours each time. Nothing but does and they basically lived there.

Latest posts