horton EX 150 speed

turkeyhunter

I have had my horton for many years. I bought it the first year cross bows where leagle in tn. My questions is , is it possible for it to lose some of its speed? It seems like it does not shoot near as fast as it did when I first got it. The string and limbs are fine. And it still shoots great groups. But past 25 yards now i can see my arrow, and it does not seem to hit near as hard. Is there a way to adjust tension? Or am I imagineing things?

Savage Shooter

I just replaced my string on my Horton. According to Horton CS they recommend replacing cables and string every 3 years regardless of wear. I'm not sure but I think the string could stretch over time. Especially if it's older than 4 or so years.

JohnnyDollar

You would think that if it slowed down then your yardage pins would have to be adjusted farther apart due to the slower speed, especially at longer distances.

turkeyhunter

At 20 yds its still dead on. But I shot at a buck past 30, and missed short by alot. When I got home I shot target at 30 yds to ck out. It hit left and the arrow look like I threw it . I finished out season and killed deer but set a 20 yd limit. I will have it tuned up before next season.

Latest posts