Home Defense

Jon54

Re: Home Defense

12 ga period. Most of us have never been in a gun fight and I trust a 12 ga much more than a small projectile, which continues far beyond the target.. Any situation that requires an AR and 30 rounds isn't going to end well for anyone.

Kimberman

I have a bunch of different guns at my disposal in my house. Shotgun under the bed, AR in the closet, carry gun down stairs, 9mm next to the bed, 45 in my safe. I will tell you that when something goes bump in the night, I reach for the 9mm and my flashlight. I find that searching the house room to room is much easier with a pistol than it is with a long gun. If I knew that someone was in the house, and was taking up a defensive position, the shotgun gets the nod.

infoman jr.

Kimberman":1gcwqkmy said:
I have a bunch of different guns at my disposal in my house. Shotgun under the bed, AR in the closet, carry gun down stairs, 9mm next to the bed, 45 in my safe. I will tell you that when something goes bump in the night, I reach for the 9mm and my flashlight. I find that searching the house room to room is much easier with a pistol than it is with a long gun. If I knew that someone was in the house, and was taking up a defensive position, the shotgun gets the nod.
Is your light attached to your pistol? If not, how will you control the light and gun if (heaven forbid) you were to have to shoot?

Kimberman

infoman jr.":1nn18r4p said:
Kimberman":1nn18r4p said:
Is your light attached to your pistol? If not, how will you control the light and gun if (heaven forbid) you were to have to shoot?

No weapon mounted lights for me. I don't like pointing my gun at every thing I shine my flashlight at. I was taught to hold the light in the weak hand, gun in the strong hand, rest the strong hand over the wrist of the week hand, and point the flashlight down the right side of the gun. It works well, and gives me plenty of control on both. Also gives me the freedom of just pointing my flashlight if I want to.

348Winchester

A wobbly old single shot 16 gauge with a gap between the barrel and receiver and the wrist of the stock taped together. An RG-22 short with a loose cylinder pin for the real hairy situations!

infoman jr.

Kimberman":xe8t6wnu said:
No weapon mounted lights for me. I don't like pointing my gun at every thing I shine my flashlight at. I was taught to hold the light in the weak hand, gun in the strong hand, rest the strong hand over the wrist of the week hand, and point the flashlight down the right side of the gun. It works well, and gives me plenty of control on both. Also gives me the freedom of just pointing my flashlight if I want to.
I'm glad you've thought through this decision, but also realize that your flashlight is not a laser. You do not have to point your gun at everything you wish to illuminate.

Latest posts