HOG HUNT WANTED

backstraps

Hey guys... I am sure there are plenty on this site that has hunted pigs. I want to get a few of my buds together and go after porky.

Can anyone suggest someone you have used in the pass that is a good place to go. We do not want to hunt high fence low acreage pen pigs...

A

Anonymous

How far ya'll looking to travel.
backstraps said:
Hey guys... I am sure there are plenty on this site that has hunted pigs. I want to get a few of my buds together and go after porky.

Can anyone suggest someone you have used in the pass that is a good place to go. We do not want to hunt high fence low acreage pen pigs...
How far ya'll looking to travel?

CWT

backstraps,
Why don't you hunt in the cherokee national forest during the hunting season? Isn't that next to you if you are from jonesboro? I don't see why there aren't any hogs there in those mountains. I have hunted the tellico unit and ocoee units years and have been able to take a several hogs. Personally i Love it in the cherokee national forest but you do have to know where to go & find them.

backstraps

There are plenty of black bear... but from what I have seen and heard in the pass... there isnt many hogs up here. I have some freinds from Ohio wanting to come down and hunt hogs... we thought about Catoosa draw hunt for this up coming season. I will have to look into Tellico and Ocoee...

as for where to go and find them there... you got that right!
Those are some large chunks of land there!

CWT

honestly you are right about a lot of land. It took me 20 years to kill a hog in the tellico unit. Sence then i have killed several. I have hunted there for over 30 years and killed my first buck there in 1977. It is all about where you hunt. Find the hickory nuts on the high tops or white oaks and the hogs will be there, if there are any in the area. They will stay in an area until the food runs out. A little scouting will go a long way down there. Take you a camping trip to either tellico or ocoee, do a little fishing in the spring and a little scouting/hiking and you just might find you some good ol hog feed'in sigh. good luck with your trip.
cwt

A

Anonymous

Telico and ocoee units have lots of sign. You can drive many forest roads and see rootin on the shoulders. Spring turkey season is a good time to look for sign. They like to root the roads and fields that the forest service plants. That same hog rootin can be good turkey huntin. Turkeys often will feed in the rootin.

Latest posts