High Country Archery

Radar

I'm doing some testing work for them this year . If you guys need any general info on the 2009 lineup , feel free to ask here or for specific info you can PM me . They are coming out with some nice products for 2009 . They need to update their website .
I'll be shooting the new Speed Pro .
http://www.highcountryarchery.net/products.php

Maybe I'll see if I can get them on board as a Tndeer sponsor .

Radar

Here are pictures of the new Iron Mace and Supreme Pro models , along with the Speed Pro .

IronMace.jpg

SupremePro.jpg

SpeedPro.jpg

Crow Terminator

Radar -- There was a time when HCA was my main bow line. Every year they came out with something I'd have it. The last one I owned was the 4 Runner and I couldn't keep limbs on that thing to save my life. I shot heavy arrows in it and still went through about 4 sets of limbs on that bow. I've been afraid of them every since but I do reckon they have revamped their whole organization and are doing a lot better on the limb stuff. They do have some nice stuff but they are a bit pricey...but hey, every bow out there is pricey right now.

Radar

I agree Crow , they had some quality issues back in those days , and lost some loyal customers . The new bows have 6 layer Barnsdale limbs and Winner's Choice strings . They are a much better rig , and are priced about the same as comparable 2009 high end bows on the market .

Yank

The HCA line up this year looks phenomenal! If they can overcome the bad publicity they got due to some quality issues a few years back, they could again be a force to be reckoned with in the bow industry. They have some wicked bows for sure! :cool:

Let us know how the test drive goes Radar, I'm interested. :)

JeepKuntry

First decent bow I owned was a High Country. Riser was bent within 3 months. Luckily I traded that bow for an MQ1. HCA may have overcome some of there issues, but nobody has mentioned the poor customer service.

Radar

JeepKuntry said:
First decent bow I owned was a High Country. Riser was bent within 3 months. Luckily I traded that bow for an MQ1. HCA may have overcome some of there issues, but nobody has mentioned the poor customer service.

I agree ,they did have some past issues they will have to deal with to win back customers , even though the bows they have now are much better . With Andy Andrews on board now , I think the customer service and quality issues are a thing of the past .
Things have changed .

Radar

Secret Squirrel said:
I have never shot a dual cam bow, only a single cam. When I am able I would love to come and check out the HCA and any other goodies they send you.

You gonna shot turkey with your bow?

You are welcome to come over to my place to shoot one of the bows when I receive one . That invite goes out to any tndeer members in the area that want to come over , shoot bows and hang out . Hopefully I'll get a test bow before the vous that we can try out on the archery practice range .

TheAirMan

First bow I owned that was really right for me was a High Country Split Force. I got my first two deer with it. I still have the thing and it's probably the only bow I wouldn't get rid of.

Radar

TheAirMan said:
First bow I owned that was really right for me was a High Country Split Force. I got my first two deer with it. I still have the thing and it's probably the only bow I wouldn't get rid of.

I should have kept my old HCA bow . It was a sweet shooting finger bow .
I owned one of the original High Country Trophy Whitetail bows back in in 1987 . It was one of the first bows on the market with 65% let off . It had a 43" ATA , that was considered short back in those days . The bows were a big hit back in the early days .

Latest posts