HField points vs. Broadhead not hitting same place

jethro69

Sighting in crossbow after I missed a deer this weekend field points hit bullseye broadhead drops 3-4 inches and right 3inches
why shooting 100 grain G5's shot 100 grain muzzys and they did the same! ??????????????

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
With my Horton crossbow, a 125 grain field point hits the same spot as a 125 grain Muzzy broad head when i use aluminum bolts. If i shoot the same field point and broad head with carbon bolts, they will not hit the same spot,

Dienamic

Pick a head and dial it in. my muzzyd and.the.thunder heads shoot about 3" right from field points but are consistent. Dialed in the broadheads. Good to go. Only one I didnt care to dial in was a set of crimson talons. They shot 8" low and 6" left from fp. Too much for me.

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
BluegrassDan said:
I missed a deer and two turkeys on the same day last year due to sighting in with field points and my expandables hit a different place (even though they were advertized to shoot the same as field points).

not trying to be to rude but why would anyone shoot something at a live animal that they have not tested out yet. My Broadheads say field point accurate. But I tested them to make sure before hitting the woods.

smokepolehall

I practice using field pts. Just before season opens i practice using the BH's i will be using if'en they be new to me! That way if'en they don't hit as field pts i just adjust scope while sighting them in.

Latest posts