Hermitage Buck

Tennessee280

Was there ever a thread about the 192" deer killed at The Hermitage last september? Apparently law enforcement, firemen etc have been able to hunt out there recently.. Yall wanna talk about shooting pets?? I'd say this one qualifies.. I mean its not shooting one in grandmas yard, but still..

1682516794194.png
1682516818699.png

Last edited:

volboy

I was wondering when a thread on this would begin on this deer. Think it is highest scoring buck by bow in TN

@RUGER @cbhunter this is the one I showed pictures of when I met yall last fall. I think there is only 8 or so people that can hunt there. There is probably about 1000 acres there they hunt on. I have seen that deer a few times in the last few years along with some other big deer.

Tennessee280

I was wondering when a thread on this would begin on this deer.

@RUGER @cbhunter this is the one I showed pictures of when I met yall last fall. I think there is only 8 or so people that can hunt there. There is probably about 1000 acres there they hunt on. I have seen that deer a few times in the last few years along with some other big deer.
Apparently you just have to get on the list if youre an LEO/fireman.. I work with a guy who's brother hunts out there some, he's a metro cop.. I've heard strickland isn't one though(not for sure on that).. Prob just a case of who you know it sounds like

volboy

They have been hunting it the last 3 years I believe. It is archery only. I think employees and maybe a couple vendors can hunt, but there is only about 8 to 10 people and the employees may be able to bring a guest. I think they have to shoot 2 does prior to shooting a buck. I know some of them that have hunted it from the beginning.
I think they are trying to reduce the herd due to the crop damage they do. I know the deer are very frustrating to the people that farms the property. Just driving around the roads that border the property it is not uncommon to see 70+ deer during spring and summer

Tennessee280

They have been hunting it the last 3 years I believe. It is archery only. I think employees and maybe a couple vendors can hunt, but there is only about 8 to 10 people and the employees may be able to bring a guest. I think they have to shoot 2 does prior to shooting a buck. I know some of them that have hunted it from the beginning.
I think they are trying to reduce the herd due to the crop damage they do. I know the deer are very frustrating to the people that farms the property. Just driving around the roads that border the property it is not uncommon to see 70+ deer during spring and summer

yup, I grew up right in the bend on shute ln in brandywine.. You used to see a good amount of deer out there in the fields, but the last 10-15 years its really exploded it seems. They'll be 15 in each field from OHB to lebanon rd.. I know the farmer has been hunting it a long time but recently has gotten some help apparently.. They need to bring the dove hunts back over there, or it would be an awesome archery only draw hunt if twra could talk em into it..

Last edited:

volboy

Yeah I wish they would do the dove hunts again. The Ladies Hermitage Association or some like that owns the property and property across OHB by rotary park and think they own rotary park as well. Total around 1200 acres I thnk.

cbhunter

I was wondering when a thread on this would begin on this deer. Think it is highest scoring buck by bow in TN

I knew I had seen this deer but couldn't remember where. What a specimen!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

Yep I been waiting on it to come out. :D
Amazing deer for sure.

ttf909

Wow man. Congrats to the hunter.

Latest posts