Henry County Gun Club

JimFromTN

Are there any members or former members on here? I am thinking about checking the place out and have a few questions.

1. What are your opinions on the place and its members?
2. Do you need to be referred by another member? Its does not say you have to be referred but on the application it lists member references.
3. Is it difficult to get qualified to use the 600 yd range? The 600 yd range is the main reason that I am interested. I have a 200 yd range in my backyard.
4. Does the 600 yd range get backed up? In other words, do you have to get there when the place opens to guarantee you don't have to wait hours for a position to open up?
5. Is the 600 yd range ever just not open for no apparent reason like someone did not show up for work? I have to ask this after some of the experiences I have had at the Stones River range.

Dover_Mike

2-Step Enabled
I am not a member but have friends that are. I shoot there for the 22 matches on every third Saturday of the month. Great group of guys that show up for that event. I have thought about joining the club as soon my schedule and time allows but, like you I can shoot 200 yds at my house so I really do not know if it would be worth it or not.. I have watched matches on the 600 range before and shot it a few times. During match day it will back up but most of the time when I go there with my buddies its on a sunday afternoon and we are usually the only ones there.

Latest posts