help

knightrider

i am going to buy a crossbow due to shoulder problems,what should i buy. i dont want to go over 700 and want one that you could call less noisy for a cross bow.im gonna keep a look out for sales in the next month or so i would like to have one before turkey season

cecil30-30

I really like my Wicked Ridge invader,they are made my tenpoint.Everything i've read on the internet so far has been good,no complaints yet.You can get them for well under $700.

BlackBelt

+1 on the crank-cocking device if you are dealing with shoulder issues.
I've got a Barnett Quad 400 and a TenPoint Profusion. Both shoot about the same speed, make the same amount of noise, are equally as accurate inside 45 yards, and both take about the same effort to chocolate chip cookie. The TenPoint has a prettier camo finish than the Barnett.
Both have killed deer just as dead as the other one.
The Barnett cost me about $300 +/-. I searched and got a good price online. The TenPoint cost me between $900-1000 from Bass Pro Shop.
If I had to do it again, I'd just buy the cheaper one and be done with it. Like I said, other than prettier finish, there's not a nickels worth of actual quality difference between them...but there's many $100's of dollars price difference.
My buddy shoots a Horton, and it's nice...but it's about the same as both of mine in quality, quietness and accuracy.

shopson

I have a PSE Copperhead which does ok but from what I've read I would like to have one of those Wicked Ridge xbows. I studied hard before I bought my first this year. Definately not knocking Excaliber because I don't think you go wrong buying one of them and almost did, but I hunt out of portable tree stands and I decided to go with more compact compound. Also I have back and shoulder problems and it is not much of a problem to chocolate chip cookie with a cocking rope.

If you are used to hunting from portable stands and don't use 4 wheeler to drive right up to your hunting spots, you will find xbow most awkard thing you have ever taken into the woods. For me the only good thing about them is that I can still hunt during bow season.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I bought a sling for mine this year so it's just like carrying a rifle, no problems at all

shopson

Mag said:
I bought a sling for mine this year so it's just like carrying a rifle, no problems at all

I bought a Claw sling for mine and now go without one. Did not carry well with a backpack and was just more in the way in the stand.

leebowhunts

cecil30-30 said:
The wickedridge invader comes with the Accudraw 52....Very nice,makes cocking it a breeze.
I have one of these and love it. 526 tax and all at Gander mountain. I put a multible reticle scope on it later. Cocks easy with the accu draw.Its the best bang for the buck.

woodchuckc

I'm interested in a crossbow and like the looks of the Invader, but I shoot left handed. Can the Accudraw mechanism be moved over to the other side of the stock?

cecil30-30

woodchuckc said:
I'm interested in a crossbow and like the looks of the Invader, but I shoot left handed. Can the Accudraw mechanism be moved over to the other side of the stock?
If im not mistaken,its not left or right handed,it works for both left and right handed people.

woodchuckc

cecil30-30 said:
woodchuckc said:
If im not mistaken,its not left or right handed,it works for both left and right handed people.

From looking at a picture, it seemed like all the Accudraw mechanism is sticking out on the right hand side of the buttstock, which would prevent a left hander from using it. I guess I'll have to check one out in person to get a better idea.

encore06

I like the simplicity of my Excalibur....no cables or wheels to worry about. Changing a string in the field is a breeze. Accuracy is superb. I agree that the width of the crossbow can be cumbersome at times, but it is workable. Go to a shop that has different crossbows and will allow you to shoot them.

cecil30-30

woodchuckc said:
cecil30-30 said:
woodchuckc said:

From looking at a picture, it seemed like all the Accudraw mechanism is sticking out on the right hand side of the buttstock, which would prevent a left hander from using it. I guess I'll have to check one out in person to get a better idea.
There is one on each side,left and right,its not left or right handed.

Latest posts