help with tree stands

Nsghunter

I was fortunate enough to get a climber for a good price off member a few years ago. I wanted to start using it next year but I noticed this year as a scout that most of the trees where I hunt wouldn't accept the climbing stand because of Limbs that stick out and other funny shapes. Unfortunately I'm only able to hunt on public land so by law I'm not supposed to cut the tree limbs out. The next option is to get a lock on stand and use climbing sticks.

I've been looking to see what kind of lock on stand I want but I'm not sure what size seat and platform I really need. So I thought I would turn to you guys to see what you set in and why. I'm six foot tall and 250 pounds. What size seat and platform are you comfortable with? Are the arm rests and footrest really worth it? And do you use the ones with a shooting rail? Pretty much which one are you using and why? And what type of sticks do you use

DMD

That really is a difficult situation to be on public land with limited trees to climb with a climber. I don't have any experience with lock-ons, but I do know more accidents occur with them then any other type stand. Use a lifeline and be careful if you go that route. Others with experience will chime in on the best ones I'm sure.

LanceS4803

I have a couple of different brands, but the Summit rsxEagle is the most comfortable. Others are API Outdoors Voyager from Basspro.

I will say that when I put them up, they stay up for the season. I like using ladder sections to get up there.
Can't imagine trying to do this daily with a walk in, but lots of people do.

Latest posts