help on range finders.

stoneycreekhunter

i'm planning on buying a range finder in the near future and want to get one that calculates arc. i'm looking at the nikon archers choice and am wondering if any body has one and how they like it "in all types of weather" or if i should look at bushnell.

LCU

stoneycreekhunter said:
i'm planning on buying a range finder in the near future and want to get one that calculates arc. i'm looking at the nikon archers choice and am wondering if any body has one and how they like it "in all types of weather" or if i should look at bushnell.

I looked at the Leupold RX side by side with the Nikon Archers Choice,and went with the Leupold. It has a bow and a rifle mode,each doing the math for the shot angle.

The Leupold RX is going to hold up well in bad weather and,wet conditions. The optics are good also.

rldel

stoneycreekhunter said:

it is not what you asked but the best way for me to loose or break something is to pay a lot for it. that being said, I have a cheap Bushnel (wo/that calc feature) and it works well. in bow, I hunt in the thick and just pre-range horizontally to a tree. then work from the known distances. after all, it is only the horizontal component that matters. up doesn't.

Latest posts