Help me wit the scope also!

breeze900rr

3 choices
1:Nikon Prostaff. (got 1 on Browning 7mm Rem Mag and Optima mzldr) love it!
2:Bushnell Elite 3200. Never had one but always wanted to try it out!
3: Leupold Rifleman. Got 1 on Ruger M77 7mmWSM. Nikon is brighter and clearer, but this 1 is just as accurate.

It'll be going on a single shot 280 or 308!

kc4sox

I own several Leupold scopes and have used only them until 2 yrs ago. i needed a scope for my sons 243 and couldn't find the leupold i wanted locally. So, a friend suggested the Nikon Pro Staff 3x9 40mm. We gave it a try just to get a scope on his rifle in time for a hunt we were going on. WOW! I have to say I am impressed. Great clarity,precise adjustments and just good optics. I have bought several of them since then and I'm sold on them. I'm not saying they are as good as top line name brands but, for the budget minded hunter that wants a quality optic that won't break the bank, You can't go wrong with Nikon.

breeze900rr

kc4sox said:
I own several Leupold scopes and have used only them until 2 yrs ago. i needed a scope for my sons 243 and couldn't find the leupold i wanted locally. So, a friend suggested the Nikon Pro Staff 3x9 40mm. We gave it a try just to get a scope on his rifle in time for a hunt we were going on. WOW! I have to say I am impressed. Great clarity,precise adjustments and just good optics. I have bought several of them since then and I'm sold on them. I'm not saying they are as good as top line name brands but, for the budget minded hunter that wants a quality optic that won't break the bank, You can't go wrong with Nikon.
Amen brother!!!

Bertman

i have a rifleman.I won't buy another one because it always blury no matter how many times you focus it.you can still use it , just not perfectly clear.

jakeway

I've never owned a Prostaff, but I have a Nikon Buckmaster I bought for $50 when a store was going out of business. I like it better than my friend's Rifleman I tried out while working up a load for his .270.

wiles

I too have always been a leupold man, recently bought a 3x9x40 nikon monarch for my muzzleloader and loved it! I just got a 5x20x44 nikon monarch for my yote gun (243 handi rifle) and went and shot it yesterday, that is one Bad %*# Scope.....I would definetely recommend Nikon's!

statelineRUT

DEER ASSASSIN said:
out of your chioces number 2

personally

vxiii all the way or ziess

Ditto. I have a 3200 Elite on my CZ and it is a great scope for under $200. I just bought a VXI and like it as well. The only thing is the power ring is a little stiff on the Lupy, but from what I have read they are all a little stiffer than most other brands.

Get the 3200, you will love it.

Boone 58

Simmons Aetec is hard to beat for the price and quality....has the quality of better scopes but the price is considerably cheaper....great 3 to 4inch eye relief and i have two of them.

W.Seay

Remember this,
quality is much better than quantity with optics especially.With optics you get what you pay for!My favorites are: leupold vx111 and the zeiss conquest.If you want a scope for the long haul, buy one of these two I mentioned and you will be happy.The nikon monarch is also a good scope and cost much less than the leupold or zeiss.

square

Make sure you are comparing the same price scope. The leupold rifleman is their extreme low end. The other 2 are mid range for those companies. Spend the same money on a Leupold and you will never be sorry you paid for american quality.

Latest posts