Help a guy out?

TrailWatcher

What are the best blinds to go for in Camden unit 1 or 2?

We are gonna give it a try this year and are really not sure what blinds to go for in this area?

thanks ahead Rusty

Grizzly Johnson

If the ducks aren't there, won't matter what blind you pick.... they will all suck.

Any of those blinds are better than none.....

It's been a long while since I hunted a blind in the bottoms.... almost not worth the hassle.... all the overgrown kids and disrespectful people that think they have more right than you to be there.... fight's at the boat ramps.... cussing & carrying on.

In Unit #2:

Back in the day.... the "triangle field" (#124, #125, & #128) was pretty good, especially if you have good neighbors.... blind #128 was the best of those 3 blinds last time I hunted there (1994).

If you want to get out away from the crowd so to speak, the "field" blinds, #72, #73, #74, & #76 aren't too bad... I also hunted in #76 several years ago....

In Unit #1:

If you want the corn draw, the blind along the highway are popular... #106, #107, #108, #136, #140..... If you get a blind along the tracks, you will have to deal with the trains passing by often.... but any of the blinds in unit 1 will hear the trains.

Things may have changed quite a bit since last hunting there as far as which are the better blinds.... But I am sure the disputes, skybusters, disrespect, and thieving still goes on.

Grizzly Johnson

Goose Thumper said:
grizzly the triangle is on other side of road. and way corn is anywhere is a toss up. ill be there in full force

The triangle field, as I know of it, were/is blinds 124, 125, & 128.... they are in Unit #2 (south side of hwy 70), which is what I said in my original post.... The OP was asking about blinds in units 1 & 2....

My uncle drew 128 in 1994..... was my first year of real duck hunting.... I was a freshman in high school.... the best year of hunting I have ever seen.... that was also the year the ice storm hit. Ice was 6-8" deep in the bottoms.... had to get out in the boat and keep the ice busted up & the hole open about every hour or so to have a place for the ducks to land.... A 30+ duck day was pretty common on the colder/coldest days. I have spent every year since trying to meet or beat that year of huntings experience..... hasen't happened yet.

Goose Thumper

triangle is considered 105,107 and 108. Blinds 124,125,128 are in Unit 1. Unit 2 are blinds 71-77 which you can hunt till sunset. Unit 1 ends at 3. If you saw the bottoms now you might gasp at how they've changed

Grizzly Johnson

Goose Thumper said:
triangle is considered 105,107 and 108. Blinds 124,125,128 are in Unit 1. Unit 2 are blinds 71-77 which you can hunt till sunset. Unit 1 ends at 3. If you saw the bottoms now you might gasp at how they've changed

I may have looked at the blind location map wrong this morning....

I do remember when hunting 128 we had to stop shooting at 3pm....

I also remember about hunting till dark in unit 2....

I'm sorry I was wrong, I looked at the unit designations wrong.... Carry on fellows.

Latest posts