hello

eddie c

problem is the more serious trad shooters are spending their time on the trad sites dedicated to trad shooters so no serious discussions get started here.

eddie c

kasey said:
ya i know im on the one trad site.i just like talking to the TN trad guys.guess ill stop trying

I understand what you are saying. I would like to see more serious discussion or just general comments here also. even pics of sucess would be good.

Oldschool

First year of hunting traditional only. Gave up the guns and I am sticking with my Recurve all year. Killed my first buck during rifle season. Actually, felt weird sitting in a tree stand with orange on and a bow in hand. What are some good traditional sites to visit?

eddie c

Oldschool said:
First year of hunting traditional only. Gave up the guns and I am sticking with my Recurve all year. Killed my first buck during rifle season. Actually, felt weird sitting in a tree stand with orange on and a bow in hand. What are some good traditional sites to visit?

yep, feels weird to have the orange on.

I will PM you one or 2 other sites. WARNING: some of the BS on them is worse than this site's.

Ol'Mossyback

Well I'm new to the trad world. But I harvested a jake 3 years ago with a Sasquana River long bow. 65lbs. at 29". This thing would sling a arrow. Now I'm shooting a Martin Hunter 55lbs. at 29". I havn't got a chance to harvest anything with it yet.

Locksley

Welcome kasey
The bow hunters on here ran a lot of traditional bow people off with the constant negative attitude that was here when bow-hunting was on the general forum .

A

Anonymous

Add one more to the trad tribe, I been playin with my recurve for a about 10 years now, but dont get me wrong Robin Hood I aint, but really enjoy it.

Back when the over draw thing hit compounds it just really turned me off, always somthing to tear up or run down a buzzin noise ( or just plain noisie) and constantly outta tune.

I found a browning fire drake in a pawn shop and was hooked,it was light weight, quiet, uncluttered, and not much to tear up or get out of adjustment, and the way it felt when you drew it back was like wow, feels good.

But still have my compound but shoot the recurve more, anyway just throwin my hat in.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I would like to interject something here if I may.

Kinda disturbs me that people feel that way and that they feel they need to send links to other sites. Nothing wrong with it, don't get me wrong.
Just odd that the comment was made that the bs is as bad or worse there than here.
Why not just start posting more stories, pictures etc here and drum up interest here instead of stop trying or going somewhere else?

Just curious.

As for the argument that bow hunters ran alot of traditional bow people off, I have to disagree there. From what I personally have seen and read on here I would have to say that there were by far more negative attitudes portrayed by traditional bow users against compound and ESPECIALLY crossbow users than ever was the other way around.

Before you bash too hard, take a look in the mirror, just sayin.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I will add one more comment.

While I see the reason to have seperate forums for traditional and compound and crossbows due to different types of discussions but I think it is a bad idea to seperate bowhunters into sub classes, as from what I have seen it only does just that, seperates HUNTERS.

YMMV. :D

Phil Floyd

Ruger - Let me comment on some of your comments.

I never bashed crossbow hunters. I did strongly object to allowing the use of crossbows in the general archery seasson. No need to go into the reasons since it is a moot point. Exception - I did bash one yankee called tow who insisted on sticking his nose in TN affairs.

TnDeer is a great general hunting(and everything else) site. Frequented mostly by Tennesseans. Sites dedicated to traditional archery offer access to a lot more information offered by huge numbers of trad archers from all over the world. No Nascar, no fishing, no guns, just longbows, recurves, traditional equipment, traditional hunting stories, etc.

eddie c

RUGER said:
I would like to interject something here if I may.

Kinda disturbs me that people feel that way and that they feel they need to send links to other sites. Nothing wrong with it, don't get me wrong.
Just odd that the comment was made that the bs is as bad or worse there than here.
Why not just start posting more stories, pictures etc here and drum up interest here instead of stop trying or going somewhere else?

Just curious.

As for the argument that bow hunters ran alot of traditional bow people off, I have to disagree there. From what I personally have seen and read on here I would have to say that there were by far more negative attitudes portrayed by traditional bow users against compound and ESPECIALLY crossbow users than ever was the other way around.

Before you bash too hard, take a look in the mirror, just sayin.

Ruger, I have to agree with Phil's post. but would also like to comment on a couple of your statements, which for the most part I agree with.
I was the one that made the "BS" commment. most of it pertains to the 'elistist' part of our weapons type users. The BS surround some of their comments some times get deep and get aimed at the 'other' guys. I personally dont care for it.

I also dont agree with the statement that the bow hunters ran the trad guys off. it is probably more along the line that there are not that many trad guys on Tndeer. I freely post in the compound forum as well, when I have something worth typing. Personally, crossbow shooters have cause me more grief about my choice of weapon than compound shooters.

And yes, I did join in when there was a suggestion for a crossbow forum because I was tired of sorting through agruments between compound shooter and crossbow shooters looking for interesting worthwhile topics. I dont recall asking for a trad forum since I knew there would not be a lot of traffic on it. I make a point to post on it IF I have something of interst related to trad archery and bow hunting but this was a slow season for me and I didnt have anything to show or say.

I'm getting keyboard cramps so I am getting off my soap box.:)

Eddie

A

Anonymous

Then the indian at the end of the bar say's "sorry, I was cleanin it and didnt know it was loaded".

Good thing he didnt get shot with a Texas heart shot.

Latest posts