He gone

gator-n-buck

Looks like Pruitt is not going down without a fight, per his attorney. Not sure who would be willing to step up and take the HC job at UT once the smoke clears. Considering UT's past attempts to hire a HC, this will be very interesting unless they just hand the job to Steele.

Also will be interesting to see how may scholarships UT will loose and restrictions on recruiting?

Grainger

I think that is exactly the problem.
The liberal idiots in charge don't WANT a football program, they wanna be like Vandy.... we smart too ya know ;)

In all seriousness, the trouble with the football program, or lack there of, come from much higher than a coach or AD.
If you want Saban results, you got to pay a Saban salary.

UT has been wanting to drink Champagne on a beer budget

PillsburyDoughboy

Yep

Attachments

• 536DFD78-42E3-4BD8-934F-4A53E0014336.jpeg
    536DFD78-42E3-4BD8-934F-4A53E0014336.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 67

PillsburyDoughboy

This Article hits ALL the high points for me.

"With the firing of Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt and the unceremonious knee-capping of athletic director Phil Fulmer, which is being masqueraded as retirement, the University of Tennessee finalized the coda of administrative ineptitude for a singular hire that will long be a gold standard in college athletics"

"And the saddest part of everything that's happened at Tennessee is that it was totally and completely predictable, as it tried to microwave the school's glory years by bringing back Fulmer"

"Instead of reestablishing glory, Tennessee ended up microwaving rotting salmon"

"But for those schadenfreude fans — and there's certainly a coach in New Jersey and an athletic director in North Carolina who'd qualify"

"Schiano was a proven head coach, program builder and developer of talent from 11 seasons at Rutgers and two years as an NFL head coach. His hiring would have been an acknowledgement that Tennessee needed to slowly build back to competence through evaluation"

PillsburyDoughboy

Im a betting man and I wager vols throw some money at Pruitt to keep his yap shut. They don't want him spilling the beans on everything Fulmer had him doing at his request per the recruiting scandal.

Mescalero

Can't make this stuff up. Allegedly giving recruits cash in McDonalds bags. Literally, bag men. Hire a 30 year old unknown assistant from Alaska who becomes recruiter of the year in 2019 because "he has a lot of energy." I guess so, but not enough creativity apparently. And to top it all off, at yesterday's presser Fulmer is asked to describe Pruitt's time at UT and his answer is "well, the recruiting was good"!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?! LoL.

Mescalero

Im a betting man and I wager vols throw some money at Pruitt to keep his yap shut. They don't want him spilling the beans on everything Fulmer had him doing at his request per the recruiting scandal.
Everyone knows how the NCAA operates. It's UTC and MTSU that have to throw money at Pruitt or else the hammer will come down on them. I remember when Jerry Tarkanian said "poor Cleveland State. NCAA is going to punish them. Kentucky just got caught cheating."

Latest posts