Has anyone seen a ring neck being banded?

Waterfowler22

Well now I can say I was in on the killing of one this past weekend, first one I have ever seen of or heard of. My dad has been duck huntin for 30 years plus and this is the first one he has ever seen or heard of, and he got the band. Also it didn't have any letters or numbers on it either.

14wgm0.jpg

pathfindr92

not personally, but yes, i've seen pics of banded ringers. they are banded like every other duck. heck, even hummingbirds get banded sometimes.

tickweed

If trapped in a banding project, Im sure they would possibly band it.It does puzzle me as to no visble numbers, even though maybe very faint.Sometimes the lab can determine the numbers. I took a black duck that was worn to the point of being unreadable, but you could still make out the writing. Could be one some one caught and banded themselfs.

Polecat

We had a banded hen ring neck killed out of our blind a few years ago in Dover. Guys knocked it down in the corn right at the end of the hunt. One of them went to pick it up cause he wanted to keep the Jacks for training his dog. Heard him let out a "whoop" and he yelled this things got jewelry. Showed it to several at the ramp who said the same thing, they'd never seen one banded either.

ClubHead

Polecat said:
We had a banded hen ring neck killed out of our blind a few years ago in Dover. Guys knocked it down in the corn right at the end of the hunt. One of them went to pick it up cause he wanted to keep the Jacks for training his dog. Heard him let out a "whoop" and he yelled this things got jewelry. Showed it to several at the ramp who said the same thing, they'd never seen one banded either.
Everybody thinks they are a scrap duck but they eat like a wood duck.

Latest posts