Harrison Bailey

THEdonkey0515

Couldn't win the starting job at UNLV got beat out by a sophomore with a national rank over 1400 wasn't even a top 50 Pro QB. UNLV went 2-10 last year.

Harrison was a top 100 player and a top 3 pro QB.

Sad wished him luck, just one of those 5*guys who had way to much hype and expectations as a 16 year old and it got it him.

Last edited:

PalsPal

I've said before that I was curious about him after he committed, so I was able to find some of his high school games online his senior year.

He put up a lot of yards, but most of his passes were quick screens etc, and a lot of the yards were after the catch. Plus, there was a lot of talent on that team that propped him up.

I'm sure coaches saw potential but just couldn't get it out of him.

Like you said, he's just another bust 5*. It seems TN has had more than our fair share of those over the years

THEdonkey0515

Oh yeah, in before it was the coaches fault 😙 .
When you have what 3 college coaches put you down on the depth chart I think that argument is out the window.

We did hear over and over how he was gonna leave UT and be great from some bama fans on hear.

Last edited:

cbhunter

And
All this is true, and I think I still would have trotted him out there before JG after the second half at GA back in '20.
All this is true, and I think I still would have trotted him out there before JG after the second half at GA back in '20.
ANd every other game JG started IMO. Best of luck to him in nfl but I'm sure glad that chapter is behind us! That was the longest 7 years of my life as a Vol fan

THEdonkey0515

At the time I wanted Bailey over JG. I thought Pruitt was just being an Idiot. Then coach hype shoved him down the depth chart as well went out and got not 1 but 2 transfers had no faith in Bailey.

Now he can't even get on the field at UNLV while JG is playing well in the NFL..

Sorry to say coaches were right I think JG is just flat out better then Bailey ever was.

Latest posts