Hamilton Co Ranger here - just moved up from Orlando

Lighterknot

Fellow Floridian here that's been in TN for almost 2 years now. Shoot me a message if you'd like to get together to shoot some 3D targets or explore some public land in the area.

Safari Hunt

Welcome to Tennessee. You will not regret the move. Lots of hunting and fishing opportunities in the Volunteer State. Keep in touch through this website and forums.
Edit: I'm a coach for a local elementary school. We follow the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). What grades are your kids in? Do they have an archery program? Starts grades 4- high school. If they are homeschooled, they can participate in a local school My granddaughter is learning and will try for a middle school team in the fall. www.naspschools.org The state coordinators are listed on the site. BTW, archery is Bullseye and 3D. PM and we could meet.

Last edited:

Safari Hunt

Still a good time to get them started. We got the youngest granddaughter, 4 yo, a bow outfit at Target; bow, arrows, target and stand.
You can get certified as a coach if time would permit for practice. Tournaments are on weekends. Our team meets for about 90 minutes after school, Tuesday and Thursday. Some schools incorporate it as part of the PE class. I'm retired so time isn't an issue. Been doing this since 2014.
I'm not NBA, MLB, NFL material due to being to short, too slow and too chubby when I was a kid. But...I can shoot a bow and turn in good scores. My coach's challenge is to match or beat my best score or worst arrow. The latter can be embarrassing, BTW, this coming week, I'm shooting LH! Prizes are mini candies.

Latest posts