Gut Bombs!

Shag

I bought a big pack of hamburger last night cause I was wanting a good ole, pan fried, hamburger steak drowned in Heinz 57. So we had that with baked taters and a side salad last night.

But it was a huge pack of fresh burger, so I had a good bit left over that I didn't cook. Wife and daughter are out of town at a goat show. I had to go to Cookeville today after work to get some oil and filters to change the oil in the equipment tomorrow. While in town it hit me, I need to make some mini burgers/sliders! Stopped by the grocery store and got some mini buns while I was in town.

Super simple to cook. Pat them thin but about twice as big around as the bun. Salt and pepper. Then throw the S&P side down in a skillet on med, med high heat. S&P the other side in the skillet and press in diced onion. Once it's browned, flip. Then arrange buns on top of the burgers and cover so they steam…usually have to do in 2 batches…a little water in the skillet also helps. Once the buns are done, put them on plate and throw some cheese on top of the burgers and cover again til it melts. When the cheese is melted, put them on the buns, top with dill pickle chips and drown them with cheap yellow mustard. 🤤
IMG_2082.jpeg

Shag

It's just hard to beat a good home cooked cheeseburger. Quick and simple, yet totally filling.

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about Krystal burgers though!
Well, kinda. Krystal was the inspiration, actually. Little cheese burger with sautéed onions, topped with pickles and mustard.

Specializedjon

I bought a big pack of hamburger last night cause I was wanting a good ole, pan fried, hamburger steak drowned in Heinz 57. So we had that with baked taters and a side salad last night.

But it was a huge pack of fresh burger, so I had a good bit left over that I didn't cook. Wife and daughter are out of town at a goat show. I had to go to Cookeville today after work to get some oil and filters to change the oil in the equipment tomorrow. While in town it hit me, I need to make some mini burgers/sliders! Stopped by the grocery store and got some mini buns while I was in town.

Super simple to cook. Pat them thin but about twice as big around as the bun. Salt and pepper. Then throw the S&P side down in a skillet on med, med high heat. S&P the other side in the skillet and press in diced onion. Once it's browned, flip. Then arrange buns on top of the burgers and cover so they steam…usually have to do in 2 batches…a little water in the skillet also helps. Once the buns are done, put them on plate and throw some cheese on top of the burgers and cover again til it melts. When the cheese is melted, put them on the buns, top with dill pickle chips and drown them with cheap yellow mustard. 🤤 View attachment 196974
WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.....

You can't just drop a grenade on us like that! "My wife and daughter are out of town at a goat show". 🤣 🤣

Pulp Fiction Burger GIF

Huntaholic

I guess its a local thing but we USED to have a little place here called "Miniburger". Jack something or other was the guys name that owned it. His "miniburgers" put Krystal and Whitecastle to shame! I can remember when he first opened the place, you could get "miniburgers" for 10 CENTS EACH! Cheeseburgers were 15 cents I think. After he died, his wife, who I went to school with, kept it open for SEVERAL more years. The sad thing is it sold a couple years ago and the dotheads bought it and I dont think its been open again since then.
Thats the place Shag is talking about when he said "gutbombs" lol.

Shag

I guess its a local thing but we USED to have a little place here called "Miniburger". Jack something or other was the guys name that owned it. His "miniburgers" put Krystal and Whitecastle to shame! I can remember when he first opened the place, you could get "miniburgers" for 10 CENTS EACH! Cheeseburgers were 15 cents I think. After he died, his wife, who I went to school with, kept it open for SEVERAL more years. The sad thing is it sold a couple years ago and the dotheads bought it and I dont think its been open again since then.
Thats the place Shag is talking about when he said "gutbombs" lol.
You are correct. But that is such a local thing, nobody that wasn't from here, at a certain period in time, would have a clue what I was talking about. So I opted for the Krystal reference. Mini burgers were 100x better than Krystal and Whitecastle!

I don't know it it's still open or not. Past few times I went by, parking lot was a ghost town and there was a sign on the door…didn't pull in to investigate farther.