Food Plots Groundhog Max ATV Plow.....

mike243

if you look at the dirt they were turning a lot of it looked sand based. But the heavier ride you have the better job it will do. Most of the time it doesn't take a very deep cut to get plants to grow, root crops will require deeper plowing where greens ect mostly need the soil disturbed enuf to make good seed/dirt contact. There doesn't look to be a lot that could tear up on that implement but your mount will take a beating so study it well before you buy

cfmartin1833

Ive been looking at it for a while...I decided to buy it. I found them at tractor supply. Picked one up today and tried it out. Seems to work really good so far.

double browtine

I have one that I have used quite a bit. I bought it when they first came out. The max model works pretty good behind my 4x4 prairie. I ordered mine from the internet. I traded several emails with the owner and inventor before I bought it. He was a real nice guy. I think it works best the faster u go. I built some 4x4 ramps to back up the rear wheels onto to drop the plow down then take off plowing. I did break my hitch though and I had to install the long square tube that comes in the kit. It works great for a woods plot.

cfmartin1833

Theres a company that sells a one point hitch with a screw type mechanisim to rais and lower it. Impact Implements is the company. Check that out. Im thinking about getting that hitch to move the further away from my axel. And it would eliminate the need to back up on the ramps.

tylerc56

I've used mine for 3years now. Best thing I have ever bought . It will till anything . I have a big bear 400 and bc it has dual independent rear suspension I had to get a tougher hitch made by Leeds engineering my hitch is indestructible now . It puts a lot of stress on your machine but when you can't get a tractor to where you want it does wonders . Easier every year

cfmartin1833

tylerc56 said:
I've used mine for 3years now. Best thing I have ever bought . It will till anything . I have a big bear 400 and bc it has dual independent rear suspension I had to get a tougher hitch made by Leeds engineering my hitch is indestructible now . It puts a lot of stress on your machine but when you can't get a tractor to where you want it does wonders . Easier every year

I liked the groundhog max.....but after a couple uses, I was afraid it may do damage to my hitch point, on my 4 wheeler. So i took it back to tractor supply. I just order the impact implements plow, and disc with the 1 point hitch. And it was the same price for everything as the groundhog max was alone. I ordered it from cabelas and got free shipping and no tax.

mjac

Central west coast of Florida, but hunt SE Tn.
cfmartin1833 said:
Theres a company that sells a one point hitch with a screw type mechanisim to rais and lower it. Impact Implements is the company. Check that out. Im thinking about getting that hitch to move the further away from my axel. And it would eliminate the need to back up on the ramps.

I have a line in a used Groundhog Maxx at a very reasonable price however I would like to raise and lower the disc without having to use ramps , blocks, etc. I'll PM a few questions re: Impact Implements rather than hijack this thread.

Latest posts