Food Plots Groundhog infestation

NChunt1

We have our selfs a groundhog infestation on all most all of our food plots. The property is about an hour away and I've been trapping as much as I can and had already caught around 7 with some conibears, but it doesn't seem like it's making a dent. Other than trapping and shooting them when I see them, Are there any other options for getting them dead ?

Last edited:

Hduke86

Also go get you a BIG bucket of "Double Bubble" chewing gum and toss a handful down each hole. It is supposedly irresistible to groundhogs and once they eat a few pieces that it'll kill them in about a week. Try to cover the holes after tossing the handful of gum in there.

NChunt1

Also go get you a BIG bucket of "Double Bubble" chewing gum and toss a handful down each hole. It is supposedly irresistible to groundhogs and once they eat a few pieces that it'll kill them in about a week. Try to cover the holes after tossing the handful of gum in there.
Dang it really kills them ?

Hduke86

Dang it really kills them ?
I can't tell you it does 100% of the time but…. We used to have about 7 groundhogs at work that would dug next to the track. Either they died in the hole or left and died or moved on somewhere else. It's cheap enough to try and simple enough also to try and get a few with it.

Latest posts