Grandslam Turkey Calls Fred Cox

Tennessee Lead

Has anyone had any experience with Fred's pot calls?
I traded my new Morning Striker Owl call last night for a Classic Closer Glass in a Corian Pot with a Canary Wood striker. I know I came out good money wise but I haven't heard many people talk about his pots. Strikers seem popular.
I had a choice between his slate, aluminum or glass all in Corian pot. I chose the Glass.
I shipped this morning and so did the other Gentleman so I haven't held the call. Just curious as to what I can expect from it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@fulldraw

I don't have any experience with Fred Cox but I do have a corian pot call. It is very heavy compared to wood pots. Doubt I carry it hunting. I received it with another call in a two for one trade.

Andy S.

No experience with his pots, and for that matter, have never seen anyone really talk much about them. As you stated, his biggest following is for his strikers.

Tennessee Lead

REN":4o9watxw said:
dont know much about his pot calls but his strikers are top notch. tell you want, send it to me for this spring season and ill let you know how I feel about it come May?
That's why this site is such a good place
Folks always looking out for one another and have their best interest at heart [emoji12][emoji23][emoji6]

You're more than welcome to use it this spring if you want. I've got more calls to christen or spill blood with than I have tags for. Another year wait won't hurt lol.

Tennessee Lead

@fulldraw":xhg9cusi said:
I don't have any experience with Fred Cox but I do have a corian pot call. It is very heavy compared to wood pots. Doubt I carry it hunting. I received it with another call in a two for one trade.
That's interesting about corian being heavy. I've never handled one. I am really wanting a Loftis Crystal Screamer and Screamin Demon 2 from Perfection and they are both in Corian pots.

Tennessee Lead

REN":30ym6tem said:
Hahaha I'm in the same boat. I have 3 new pots to try this year and it will end up like always where I run mouth calls 90% of the time

Yep ha
What did you get in pots?
I bought more mouth calls then I've tried in several seasons lol
Going to try and use them some for the last few yards if needed if I can keep from gagging!
For some reason I can hardly use one anymore without gagging and it's getting worse as time goes on lol!

REN

Tennessee Lead":3jcrl3tp said:
REN":3jcrl3tp said:
Hahaha I'm in the same boat. I have 3 new pots to try this year and it will end up like always where I run mouth calls 90% of the time

Yep ha
What did you get in pots?
I bought more mouth calls then I've tried in several seasons lol
Going to try and use them some for the last few yards if needed if I can keep from gagging!
For some reason I can hardly use one anymore without gagging and it's getting worse as time goes on lol!

Got a new Ghost Maker glass and a Shaffer No Name crystal and a few Howler strikers.

I'm pretty much down to Halloran mouth calls and a few older pitman mouth calls. Really liking davids mouth calls these days. Got a great pitch and rasp and he doesn't have 6000 cuts to choose from so I can easily remember which ones I have when I buy replacements lol

Tennessee Lead

Sounds like you got some real good ones to try!
I've got one of Davids Mouth calls the TKO I liked it what little I used it last year
I bought some from Jonathan Shull from East Tn this year. His company name is Appalachian Custom Calls. They seem to be easy for me to use so I'm hoping they will work for me.

Latest posts