Grafted Persimmon trees

ERIC

Has anyone heard of these or tried them? I'm going to try to get some to plant in the spring. They are basically just persimmon root stock that has had a cutting of a good producing female tree grafted to it so that it is guaranteed to produce persimmons. Supposed to start producing within 3-4 years. They are expensive, but I have planted tons of American persimmon seedlings and they usually end up being male for some reason.

MickThompson

You could always buy bare root seedlings from the state nursery then collect your own scion wood to graft with. Or start grafting to the trees you have already planted. Habitat talk forum has a bunch of info on grafting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TS_13

I graft my own! Buy seedlings from MDC or TN nursery then just graft your own. You will have pennies in each one. I do it every year.

HuntNShoot

I have a bunch of males persimmon trees also. I actually hung a stand in between about 20 of them thinking it would be a hot spot only to learn they don't all drop fruit. If anyone wants to graft some off the trees let me know

TS_13

Guys, its really not that hard. You tube it.Most of the persimmons I do make it. You can do large trees as well, cut the whole thing down and puyt several scions on it. OR cut major limbs and graft females to male in one tree. If anyone makes it up to H-ville we can graft some seedlings!

Latest posts