GPS recommendations for a first time user

lwk88

Any advice on what hand held GPS is user friendly and that will have good service in deep mountain hollers etc

thale51

OnX maps. If you have a smartphone, this is definitely the way to go. You can save maps for offline use, so if you lose cell service, you can still pull the map up. GPS doesn't rely on cell service, so you can still find your location if you lose service. Plus with OnX, you can see property boundaries and landowner names. I bought a handheld Garmin GPS several years ago, but I've only used it once or twice since discovering OnX.

ADR

lwk88":1lzan30s said:
Any advice on what hand held GPS is user friendly and that will have good service in deep mountain hollers etc

What didn't you like about the responses you got to the thread you opened yesterday?

Goodtimekiller

thale51":2wiiiywb said:
OnX maps. If you have a smartphone, this is definitely the way to go. You can save maps for offline use, so if you lose cell service, you can still pull the map up. GPS doesn't rely on cell service, so you can still find your location if you lose service. Plus with OnX, you can see property boundaries and landowner names. I bought a handheld Garmin GPS several years ago, but I've only used it once or twice since discovering OnX.
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwk88

I thought I didnt post it I lost it yesterday but found it today thanks for the info guys

Stalkhunter

I have a Harmon and never use it. I use my lensatic compass.

My farming is easy to use but things can go wrong. Compass as your back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts