Got my new Zeiss scope mounted.

rdl65

I got the new Zeiss mounted a couple of days ago and took it to the range today. I couldn't be happier with it. They are worth the money. It is mounted on a Remington SPS Tactical in .223 caliber.
001.jpg

The two groups on the top are with new Lapua brass and the two groups on the bottom are with some old Federal brass I picked up at the range. They are loaded the same, just different brass. I hope after fire forming to my chamber the Lapua brass will tighten up. If not I wasted some money. These groups and the nickel were shot at 100yds.
000_0012.jpg

rdl65

I been wanting to try some heavier bullets. The load I'm using now is 55gr. NBT and H322. The gun likes the load and I just haven't tried any others.

rdl65

Only difference is I'm loading 23.5gr I dont know why the Lapua brass shoots so much different. I hope it will tighten up after it is fired once.

Model70Man

Nice looking rig!

I noticed that the ocular is twisted all the way in. Is that how you normally like to focus your Conquests? I personally twist mine out a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch out to get the best site picture.

rdl65

The stock is a bit flimsy but I like the way it feels. The rubber that covers it seems to have a sticky feel to it. I did take the action out and do a bit of sanding to make sure it doesn't touch the barrel when shooting off a bipod.
As for the ocular lens being screwed all the way in that is just where it was at from the factory. It is so much clearer than any other scope I have owned that I didn't notice it. I will play with it at the next range session.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Looks nice. I've been looking at that same combination of base and rings for another rifle I'm working on. It's good to see what it looks like together. I'm shooting the same rifle as yours and zeroed mine with the following combination.
100_1298sized.jpg

rdl65

The only thing I dont like about it is that it sits too high off the rifle. The EGW base is a 0 MOA that I had laying around. I believe I will try one of their new HD 20MOA bases. They are supposed to be a lower profile than the base I got now. With 20MOA I will be able to get more upward adjustment out of the scope.

Latest posts