Food Plots Got my food plot in today.

rem270

50 lbs of buck forage oats. 15 lbs mix of clover, rye grass, rape, and radishes. Didnt measure off the plot but looks to be about an acre. Was able to seed really thick with everything. Chance of rain tomorrow through Tuesday so hopefully I'll get some on it within a couple days.
screen_7243cd80c875e6c9_1661637355137.jpg

screen_0b295a10dbba8d53_1661637441870.jpg

rem270

I like that spot! My thought exactly….only thing I woulda changed would be make the food plot near it lol
If I did that then it could have been seen from the road. Which is a long ways off anyways. Where I put it it's a draw in the field and can't see down in there from the road. Little hidey hole. Once I get my platform build I'm gonna set it up and see if I can see down in the draw. If not I'll have to move it closer

cbhunter

If I did that then it could have been seen from the road. Which is a long ways off anyways. Where I put it it's a draw in the field and can't see down in there from the road. Little hidey hole. Once I get my platform build I'm gonna set it up and see if I can see down in the draw. If not I'll have to move it closer
Makes sense to me, I'll excuse it

megalomaniac

Had a cell form yesterday evening and it clouded up for a bit and just knew we were fixing to get some rain. Then it went NW of us lol. Hoping for this afternoon now. I'm tempted to fill my pull behind sprayer and soak it down this afternoon.
Dont!!! If the seedbed is dry, it's better for the seed to sit in the dirt for a week or two and not germinate rather than wet it a little, start the germination process, and not get any rain for 2 weeks. If it's already starting to germinate and ther is no rain, at that point it would be good to artificially water it to keep it alive

rem270

Dont!!! If the seedbed is dry, it's better for the seed to sit in the dirt for a week or two and not germinate rather than wet it a little, start the germination process, and not get any rain for 2 weeks. If it's already starting to germinate and ther is no rain, at that point it would be good to artificially water it to keep it alive
Thanks for that info! I wouldn't have done it anyways. I would have been afraid if I did wet it and made 2 passes that it would be muddy and actually pull a lot of the seed up with the 4 wheeler tires.

BSK

THIS!!!!

Latest posts