Got my bow

UTGrad

Well, UPS delivered my Parker Trailblazer to my door this evening. It came out of a warehouse in Wisconsin, so when I took it out of the box the riser and limbs were very cold. The only issue is the grip is a little loose on the riser. This could be from the cold weather that hit the eastern U.S.. This thing is sweet. Here is what I am thinking about putting on it.

Limbsavers and Super String leeches

Octane Hostage Pro Rest

Tru Glo or Toxonics sights

String Tamer

Braided Sling

Shockblocker 500 stabilizer

Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver

Tru-Aligner with Super Deuce peep sight

Red Head Carbon Max 2 arrows with field points

Rinehart 18-1 target

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
Awesome!

That rhinehart target is on the small side.

If you put a sting tamer on it, ditch the string leeches. Only slow your string and there isnt much noise difference after you have some sort of STS put on.

And I wouldnt get a peep with tubing. It is just something to break will in the woods or make noise. Get a g5 meta peep or any non rubber peep. Just twist your string a little to line it up before every shot and it will settle in around 120 shots and you are good to go man.

1 more thing, those bohning quivers are a little heavy. I'd get a 4 arrow kwickee quiver, they arent as cool looking though ;). I have a kwickee bracket on my stand so I just take the quiver off my bow after I walk in and put it on my stand when I get ready to climb up. I cant stand shooting with a quiver.

Lol. Not trying to come across as over bearing. It is addictive, good luck UT and lettem fly. :)

Radar

Congrats on the new bow . :cool: Accessories are a personal choice . See what works for you , and keep it simple to start with . I like to experiment with several types of accessories and see what works best for me . What doesn't work for me , I sell on archery talk . :)

WTM

UTGrad said:
The guys at Bass Pro Shops recommended against the meta peep. I have no knowledge on how to adjust the meta peep, so I want a simple sight.

if you have trouble with a peep you might try a kisser button. i had trouble using a peep in low lighting when i first started out with a release, so i have a used a kisser on every hunting bow ever since. i shot fingers for 5 years so the kisser was natural for me.

JayMc

The reason BPS recommended against a fixed position peep is because for it to be effective your string has to come back to the same position every time you draw your bow. That means you have to have a good string and keep your bow in tune.

It also takes more time/effort to set up than a peep with a hose ;)

paradis1142

You should have a good string and your bow should be in tune, so it really doesnt matter. After your string is broke in the peep will not move. When that rubber tube breaks at the moment of truth you will be mad. And it will break.

Latest posts