Got My 2017 Deer Mount Back

TN Larry

I finally got my 2017 deer back from the taxidermist. It took a while but worth the wait. It's the biggest deer I've ever killed and dreamed about since I've been deer hunting. I was blessed to kill such an animal in TN.

Story and kill pics. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=354358&hilit=+Personal

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_184358909.jpg
    IMG_20190329_184358909.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,948

TN Larry

cbhunter":32pum8qj said:
Great buck with a beautiful dark rack. How many more inches does he have on the buck next to him in the second pic? Cant be much but both are GREAT deer.

As a mainframe 8 pt, the buck on the left is a little over 137" if I remember correctly. He is 140 3/8" with two kickers. The buck on the right as a mainframe 10 is 147 5/8". He has exceptional mass, beam length, and spread but only average tine length except for his brows. The buck on the left has good mass, spread, beam length, and above average tine length. The 10 would be pushing 160" if he had exceptional tine length, but I'm not complaining. Both of these deer were killed out of the same tree and deer of a lifetime in my area. From a quick glance, the deer on the left looks bigger.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
rem270":c2a04x8p said:
Do me a favor and level the eyes on both deer :D. I'm OCD in a bad way lol.

But that would unlevel the mounts on the walls...And mess with someone else's CDO (which is the same as OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order as they should be) :)

cbhunter

TN Larry":3t2fbcf5 said:
cbhunter":3t2fbcf5 said:
Great buck with a beautiful dark rack. How many more inches does he have on the buck next to him in the second pic? Cant be much but both are GREAT deer.

As a mainframe 8 pt, the buck on the left is a little over 137" if I remember correctly. He is 140 3/8" with two kickers. The buck on the right as a mainframe 10 is 147 5/8". He has exceptional mass, beam length, and spread but only average tine length except for his brows. The buck on the left has good mass, spread, beam length, and above average tine length. The 10 would be pushing 160" if he had exceptional tine length, but I'm not complaining. Both of these deer were killed out of the same tree and deer of a lifetime in my area. From a quick glance, the deer on the left looks bigger.

Nice! I thought they would be within 3-4 inches. Whats the spread on those beasts? Pretty dang wide

TN Larry

TNGunsmoke":2k5vvmzl said:
rem270":2k5vvmzl said:
Do me a favor and level the eyes on both deer :D. I'm OCD in a bad way lol.

But that would unlevel the mounts on the walls...And mess with someone else's CDO (which is the same as OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order as they should be) :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Latest posts