Got it done this afternoon

gasman

Every year I take 1 weekend off from fishing to go Turkey hunting. This is that weekend. This morning was a tough hunt, the birds worked us instead of us working the birds. Had several gobbling on the roost and when they flew down, they went the opposite direction and went quiet.

Fast forward to the afternoon hunt. Got to the woods and saw a hen as soon as we got there. She saw us also. Climbed the mountain and set up and after a few hours of nothing..... Justin let out a couple of yells, and bam.... Gobble Gobble. After about 30 minutes of working this bird, Justin says there he is, but I said that I couldn't see him. Justin replied "you will" about 30 seconds later he was in my sights. Bang. My biggest bird yet. 18 lbs, 10 1/2" beard, and 7/8" spurs.

Finally graduated from the #jakeslayers club. Good times with my son and awesome calling Justin Campbell. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• 5EF41C5E-928F-4487-894B-6321447EEEF6.png
    5EF41C5E-928F-4487-894B-6321447EEEF6.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 8060D02A-0DA8-4CC1-AE57-7B0EEFEA0990.jpeg
    8060D02A-0DA8-4CC1-AE57-7B0EEFEA0990.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 165

TheLBLman

Congratulations!
As to turkey hunting or fishing, I put them on an equal par.
It's just that we have relatively limited time for turkey hunting, so it knocks me out of some good fishing in April.

Another issue is that most of us may be able to still fish further into "old age" than we can turkey hunt, or at least turkey hunt the way we most like to turkey hunt.

gasman

Congratulations!
As to turkey hunting or fishing, I put them on an equal par.
It's just that we have relatively limited time for turkey hunting, so it knocks me out of some good fishing in April.

Another issue is that most of us may be able to still fish further into "old age" than we can turkey hunt, or at least turkey hunt the way we most like to turkey hunt.
I didn't start turkey hunting until about 4 yrs ago. I told my son, I can see where it would be fun for a young man, but I like my fishing. This one weekend a year gives him and me some time in the woods together and that's something I will continue to do as long as I'm able to.

Latest posts