Got an interesting call

REN

Landowner on my main spot called me this morning to inform me he has been seeing a tan or smoke (he couldnt tell) tom the past few days on the farm. man OH man what I would do to get that bird in range! praying that thing sticks around for a while OR maybe shows hiimself in the morning with my kid.

always been a dream of mine to harvest a smoke or color phased bird

Last edited:

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Landowner on my main spot called me this morning to inform me he has been seeing a tan or smoke (he couldnt tell) tom the past few days on the farm. man OH man what I would do to get that bird in range! praying that thing sticks around for a while OR maybe shows hiimself in the morning with my kid.

always been a dream of mine to harvest a smoke or color phased bird
You told him to be quiet about it I'm sure!

REN

You told him to be quiet about it I'm sure!
nah, his land his choice. Although Im the only one that really hunts it, he lets a few kids from time to time go if im not there but again he makes the rules :)

where he lives and how you have to access his place you would have to have a boat OR go right by his house to get there so not all that worried about trespassers. Plus whatever gods plan is what it is, obviously Id love to shoot it but if not then maybe some day.

To be honest If somehow I did kill it id prob offer to mount it and let him put it at his house just as a thanks for all the years he has let me come up there and hunt. Im pretty close to him and his family so feel Id at least have to give him the option (with the agreement that if anything ever happened to him it came back to me lol)