Got a nice one in Minnesota

Jdd65

Got this one on day 2 of gun season in Minnesota. Was after a different buck but decided to take this one. Found out later my target buck was shot the day before, so I was happy I decided to pull the trigger when I did.

I was actually on the ground under my stand because I had does on me right from the start. I use raccoon urine as a cover and it was working well. Two does came to within 5 yards of me and were feeding, looked right at me but never alerted. They kept looking back down the hill away from me and then finally started to move off, so I was able to grab my gun. Just in time too because I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. This guy was broadside snorting with his head down obviously after those does. He was at about 50 yards when I shot and he immediately went down on his chin, snowplowed up the hill about 5 yards before he flopped over and rolled back down almost to the spot I shot him. Happy I made a clean shot and quick kill. Always a good time in Minnesota!
IMG_20221106_084334625.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221106_101507469_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221106_101507469_HDR.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 306

Jdd65

I thought Minnesota was a frozen waste land this time of year. Nice buck!
I hunt south MN. Opening day November 5th highs were in the 50's. It was actually quite nice to not be freezing my butt off for once up there.

Latest posts