Good mess of crappie

Spurhunter

Had a good day in Mississippi Friday. Took a buddy of mine spider rigging and we kept 18 over 12" and had 2 slightly over 2 pounds. That Garmin Force is a complete gamechanger for spider rigging. My buddy put 10 in my sink and took 8 home.

Attachments

• 20210716_171731.jpg
    20210716_171731.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210716_060811.jpg
    20210716_060811.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

bluball

Had a good day in Mississippi Friday. Took a buddy of mine spider rigging and we kept 18 over 12" and had 2 slightly over 2 pounds. That Garmin Force is a complete gamechanger for spider rigging. My buddy put 10 in my sink and took 8 home.
Noo😅🤣😅no fishing while im on vaction in florida and my boat is in the shop gor the next 3-4weeks🤣🤣nice catch🤣

bluball

very nice. i was listening to the outdoor show yesterday and they was on fire at Butla.
Yep,kylake has been on fire also🙂i have caught some gooduns the last couple weeks.Boats in the shop and will be 3-4 weeks so i guess im getting a break.Buddies have alread said i can borrow there boats if i needed to until i get mine back🤣

bluball

I bet you couldn't get close to a boat ramp this weekend! What kind of nut would get on a radio show and tell that??? I'm not saying that's where I was, but dang!
Everyone has bern there,no secret,know guys catching double limit in a few hrs.

WTM

I bet you couldn't get close to a boat ramp this weekend! What kind of nut would get on a radio show and tell that??? I'm not saying that's where I was, but dang!
lol a radio show in memphis. they had two guys from there telling where they were fishing that morning. also had billy blakely and ronnie capps that were calling in from the water. said they were catching them on reelfoot as well.

Spurhunter

Everyone has bern there,no secret,know guys catching double limit in a few hrs.
It may not be a secret but everybody that finds out that didn't know is one more truck in line at the ramp. I haven't heard from anyone catching double limits in a few hours, but I do know a Livescope guru that's catching his limit by 10 everyday. I just don't know why people can't keep a secret. I'm glad I fish on weekdays.

bluball

It may not be a secret but everybody that finds out that didn't know is one more truck in line at the ramp. I haven't heard from anyone catching double limits in a few hours, but I do know a Livescope guru that's catching his limit by 10 everyday. I just don't know why people can't keep a secret. I'm glad I fish on weekdays.
Ive been in some long lines there before🤣everyone has to brag is why they cant keep it a secret🤣with livescope everyone are pros now,some of us knew how to fish before livescope🤣

WTM

Ive been in some long lines there before🤣everyone has to brag is why they cant keep it a secret🤣with livescope everyone are pros now,some of us knew how to fish before livescope🤣
or have a syndicated outdoor tv show. i told an FLW acquaintance where to catch some good crappie and it ended up on tv, including a google map overlay and the freaking sign at the ramp. its not a big secret to locals but you dont want everybody and their mommas trying to get in to that place. its already dangerous enough.

Spurhunter

i told an FLW acquaintance where to catch some good crappie
Back in the 90's there was a secret hole off the MS River that was almost magical for big bass. Only a few people knew where it was and how to get to it. If we took someone new in there we had to trust them like a brother. And even then they had to be blindfolded until it was time to fish. When the FLW came to Memphis one of the few people that knew about it got star struck and wanted to rub elbows with the pros, so he took a pro in there. Guess what comes with pros? Spectator boats. That hole started getting so much pressure that it wasn't worth fishing. The owner of the land around it got tired of all the boat traffic and cut down trees blocking the access from the river. It became nothing but a hassle. All because some guy wanted to ride in a pro's boat and be a big shot for a day.

Latest posts