Good day in the Gulf

TN Larry

We decided to do a party boat since only two of us, and my back is acting up. Walked the docks trying to get an add on for a charter but a no go. Got on a 6 hr party boat yesterday and did pretty good. I guess you can say we did the best on the boat. One group had a few more pounds than us but 4 of them. :) I think my black snapper was the biggest caught as well. The last private charter was better but still a great day for a 6 hr party boat and cheaper. I'd do it again. I'll be honest that my arms were like jello at the end and hard to reel. :
20220723_184512.jpg
20220723_184029.jpg

mike52

I think the limit on red snapper is 2 per. Those in picture are Mango snapper and /or beeline and i think its like 10 per. Been out with the Family Tradition many times and they always have been a class act . Hope Capt. Raffield is still going, last time we fished he was healing from Melanoma on his back

mike52

On one of my trips on Family Tradition I hooked an 8 ft shark After I got to the boat where Capt and Mate could see it Capt asked' Cut loose or eat? " Needless to say after fighting this shark for over 30 minutes I said "EAT". Not being ready to bring shark aboard they got the shark next to the boat and using a knife cut into the gills, which resulted into another 20 minutes for fighting this fish. Finally I got it to the boat and the Capt slid the anchor float around the line to the top of the sharks' head, and told all of the of the other people to go into the cabin. The mate, using a graft and the Capt. with the rope from the anchor around the head pulled the shark aboard. All Hell broke loose as the shark fought back, but it was no match for the hammer the mate had. Was some great shark steaks and have the Jaws hanging in the garage and a lot of memories and excitement