Good day at Center Hill

TNReb

Our club had our first tournament of the year at Center Hill today. We had 50 boats registered, but I counted 39 at blastoff. My biggest 5 wound up being 19.12 ... enough for first place. Also had biggest fish, and I got a nice bonus for that. Probably had a dozen keepers and 5 short ones.

I was tickled to death. I typically struggle at Center Hill but I got lucky and managed to figure them out early.

6BD7F916-437A-4130-82DD-ABF3F71DEF25.jpeg

TNReb

Beautiful fish! Congratulations on a great day. How deep were you fishing?
Most of them were around 10-15ft, but close to deep water. I never fished the backs of any pockets or anything anyone would consider shallow there. It was all main lake stuff.

Ridgeline300

Congrats, I was gonna put in at floating mill but put in at bridge because I assume your tournament was out of floating mill, looked busy down there so turned around and put in at bridge. They were biting real good early then slowed down for me. I had one really big large mouth. I caught several small mouth but they were skinny.

TNReb

Congrats, I was gonna put in at floating mill but put in at bridge because I assume your tournament was out of floating mill, looked busy down there so turned around and put in at bridge. They were biting real good early then slowed down for me. I had one really big large mouth. I caught several small mouth but they were skinny.
Yep, we took off from Floating Mill. I put in at the bridge and drove around there. Getting the boat back on the trailer at 3:30 in that wind was interesting.

4scout

Most of them were around 10-15ft, but close to deep water. I never fished the backs of any pockets or anything anyone would consider shallow there. It was all main lake stuff.
Thanks! I need to learn how to fish deeper water. I always just fish along the banks and it's hit or miss at Centerhill. Going to try and fish a little this week with my young teenagers...maybe we'll get lucky..

7mm08

Yep, we took off from Floating Mill. I put in at the bridge and drove around there. Getting the boat back on the trailer at 3:30 in that wind was interesting.
Into the wind the wind and turn at the end into the trailer and at least you had no current. Combine the two and it can be crazy.

Congrats

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Our club had our first tournament of the year at Center Hill today. We had 50 boats registered, but I counted 39 at blastoff. My biggest 5 wound up being 19.12 ... enough for first place. Also had biggest fish, and I got a nice bonus for that. Probably had a dozen keepers and 5 short ones.

I was tickled to death. I typically struggle at Center Hill but I got lucky and managed to figure them out early.

View attachment 173036
I know who you are now LOL. Ive seen the results. Good bag . Wasnt really that close amongst the top 5. You got Whit by over a lb and the 3rd place guy was 2 lbs behind him!!

TNReb

I know who you are now LOL. Ive seen the results. Good bag . Wasnt really that close amongst the top 5. You got Whit by over a lb and the 3rd place guy was 2 lbs behind him!!
Whit would have had a better bag if we had another hour. I think he culled his entire bag between 1:30 and weigh-in.

Last year at Center Hill everyone in the club caught the heck out of them - except me. I think I was 1 of 3 guys that didn't have a limit. That's how most of my tournaments go!

Latest posts