Gonna try for a fall turkey, any advice?

Wrangler95

Most bust a flock and call them back together with a kee kee call!Ive never tried it though,I just dont hunt the fall season!

Carlos

I need to check the guide.
What counties are open for the fall season?

Iglow

Most bust a flock and call them back together with a kee kee call!Ive never tried it though,I just dont hunt the fall season!
I've done that back wen we had a fall season and it was one of the most fun exciting hunting experiences I've had. Loved it! Fall hunting like that is just as fun or more so than spring hunting.

Iglow

I was hunting on the river back then, slipping along listening and looking and I heard a bunch feeding and doing their thing. I eased up as close as I could till all their heads were up the they started clucking, I rushed them as fast as I could and they went in every direction! Perfect! After getting up against a tree right where they busted up I got my yelper going and kee keeing and yelping to them, instantly they started answering, I thought it was a done deal. They started appearing and filtering in at a distance then the old boss hen started yelping at them, and all the keekeeing they were doing stopped. They marched straight to her and they were gone in less than 5 min!!!!

timberjack86

Not at all, mostly on public land at that, people just don't know how to hunt turkeys in the fall and make them act right. It doesn't work all the time, but I've killed a bunch in October that gobbled and strutted like april.
I've seen em gobble and strut into fighting purrs in October but it's not for breeding, it's for fighting.

C1295

I have seen a crap ton of turkeys in the past 3-4 weeks. None strutting none gobbling. Just feeding there faces and getting fat for spring. Now I love some turkey hunting..... and if a mature tom decides to wonder close enough..... well he may take a dirt nap but I am not chasing them right now. Deer got more meat on there bones. 🤣

Soft Talker

I have seen a crap ton of turkeys in the past 3-4 weeks. None strutting none gobbling. Just feeding there faces and getting fat for spring. Now I love some turkey hunting..... and if a mature tom decides to wonder close enough..... well he may take a dirt nap but I am not chasing them right now. Deer got more meat on there bones. 🤣
Spoken by someone who truly, has no clue, what Fall Gobbler hunting is all about.

Latest posts