Gonna kill my brother-in-law

rvs9

Got home last night and wanted to shoot a few times before this Saturday. BIL was there seeing the kids and walked out to watch. I went to retrieve my arrows and heard "THWACK, SMACK, BOOM".

Bill dry-fired my bow! String is toast. Cable is frayed. Top cam won't roll (warped/bearings screwed), and upper limb is cracked.

On a good note, I was so sick to my stomach that I didn't eat supper and went to bed at 9.

And I really liked that Switchback.

LCU

He chose a fine time to do that. Hate to hear that happened to your bow.

My neighbor went to draw my bow a few days ago, and I stopped him. He said, let me try and pull that back.

I know he thought I was being rude,but he had no idea not to dry fire it,or let go of the string halfway.

My wife is still upset I did that to him. She said I treated him like a child.

I have a lot of money in my bow,and worked on it for the past 2 months shooting and getting it ready to hunt.
People who do not understand bows,have no idea they can do this damage.

b and d boyz

man i feal your pain. i hed an ole boy pick my new switchback, right after i won it in a tournament. he picked in up and dry fired it. So i had to go and spend i think 80 for my new zebra string. and 250 for a new limb.

eddie c

is he gonna buy you a new one? if not he better come up with a heck of a Christmas present.

I take it he wasnt hurt.

rvs9

Thank goodness it didn't come apart and hurt him. He's a good guy. Not an outdoorsman nor a hunter. Had no idea that you don't dry-fire a compound bow.

He said that he would cover the cost to make it right. I am taking it down to Big Daddy's today and see if my weekend will be a good one or a bad one.

Nimrod777

Call me if you need a back-up bow. I've got a dandy Whisper Creek sitting in the case doing nothing. Probably need some fine-tuning, but you're more than welcome to use it this season or until you get something going.

Latest posts