Gonna go fishin

agelessssone

All this talk from the Bream Reaper and the Bream Master, got me to thinkin about some deep structure (19') I know that holds some good sized gills.
So I set up 3 rods with slip bobbers, #8 & #10 hooks with drop shots.
Went to BassPro and got a jar of 1" Gulp Alive smelt minnows.
I'll also probably start the morning off catching a bunch of shad and fishing for hybrids early, then switch to bluegills later.
Anybody wanna go?

moondawg

All this talk from the Bream Reaper and the Bream Master, got me to thinkin about some deep structure (19') I know that holds some good sized gills.
I'll also probably start the morning off catching a bunch of shad and fishing for hybrids early, then switch to bluegills later.
Anybody wanna go?
Depends on where you're going. But doesn't matter, I gotta work, as the supervisor is out this week and I'm the backup supervisor.

redblood

Anybody wanna go?
I love bluegills, but i never target them. They are an welcomed but accidental
Catch. I have it easier not to catch big crappie later in the day on submerged structure.

agelessssone

Well, bum shoulder (torn ligament, surgery scheduled for September 28), kept me awake half the night.
Alarm went off at 3 AM, got up, thought about throwing a castnet and (possibly) having to reel in big hybrids with the bad shoulder, and decided against it and went back to bed.
I'll go when I've got someone else to reel in the hybrids.
Bluegills I could handle.
When I'm fishing with buddies and I hang a 6-8+# hybrid, I just hand the rod off to whoever is closest. They never seem to mind my being inconsiderate by handing them my rod!
Hopefully, after September I'll be all good again.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Anybody wanna go?
Dang that wouldve been a good time. I found a nice bed of them 2 weeks ago across from hole in the wall( right after those big rains). They were loaded up but they just didnt bite like gills normally do. Caught about 20 but it was here and there.

Latest posts