Gonna be hot tomorrow

megalomaniac

Crazy you will be hotter in TN than me on the coast tomorrow. I'm off as well, high is only 92 deg down here, one of the coolest days we've had in a month. As long as I get my trailer up and running, I'm planning on going.

I'm actually considering fishing with live bait tomorrow... shameful I know, but hearing several reports of 3 to 4 lb trout being caught in close on live croakers

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm actually considering fishing with live bait tomorrow... shameful I know, but hearing several reports of 3 to 4 lb trout being caught in close on live croakers
I tried minnows for crappie last weekend.
Never got a nibble.
Caught 50+ between my buddy and I, all on the gulp minnow.

BigCityBubba

A friend and I always said we wanted to find a space suit with air conditioning. They sell liquid cooling garments on amazon. If they work, it would be a serious consideration.

I bought a dewalt 20v fan which has been a lifesaver at times when the power goes out. I may need to start taking it out on my boat on days like these.

Last edited:

redblood

We caught some big ones today.

Attachments

• IMG_6588.jpeg
    IMG_6588.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 81

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
When I fish in the summer I sit under a 9' Sportbrella. On the really hot days I use a Kobalt fan with a mister that attaches to a five gallon bucket. Fill the bucket with ice and water and that mister will keep you cool. You'll be wet though.
I just got one of those fans a couple weeks ago.
@gasman turned me onto it.

Omega

Guys ever try these hats? I got one of those cooling towels many years ago from Harbor Freight on a whim, and it worked great when I was building my deer blind in 100* weather. So when these came out I figured what the heck, and I tell you, you can tell the difference. Haven't tried it while fishing but figured it should be easy enough to dunk it now and then to keep it cooling. The links are to their site but I've seen these at Walmart and Home Depot or Lowes I think.

I have this one, mainly because it looked like my boonie hat I had in the Army.
1690490420830.png
I may just buy this one too, I like the type, specially on hot sunny days, keep from roasting my neck.
1690490666889.png

moondawg

I usually go later in the evening when the sun starts setting. On the rare occasion I do go earlier, I have the Buff and a cooler. Dunk the buff in some cold water and put it around your neck. It will help keep you cool.

Latest posts