go to mouth call

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
David Halloran…Pecker Wrecker…Preston Pittman all 3 have good mouth calls. I prefer a batwing but can work several different calls. All depends on what sound your trying to make with it. I normally use pot calls for yelping and such. Purrs, cuts, kee kee, and fly down cackle I do with mouth call.

Stumpsitter

I have a friend that makes mine. Your go to mouth call should be the call / cut that you can blow the most proficiently. Get the most sound out of with the least amount of air. If you can get a clean breaking 2 note yelp. You can generally kill turkey's.

simpzenith

once again, cany find my favorite diaphragm. knight and hale preacher. of course, its discontinued. whats your go to call?
The Preacher is a combo cut call (cut to the right side) so you should probably focus your search to similar designed calls. Try combo cut styles from several different companies and you'll likely find one with a similar sound.

OldFussNFeathers

I had a couple of Swamp Boys but always have a H.S. Strut Cuttn' 2.5. I forgot to check them all out and the latex has gone bad I guess and they all sound like crap. Been a busy week and was able to stop by academy this afternoon and picked up a 3-pack of H.S. Strut which included the cuttn 2.5. May try to order a couple Swamp Boys replacements.

Cutting' 2.5 has been my go to for many years

Latest posts