go to mouth call

Gravey

I had a couple of Swamp Boys but always have a H.S. Strut Cuttn' 2.5. I forgot to check them all out and the latex has gone bad I guess and they all sound like crap. Been a busy week and was able to stop by academy this afternoon and picked up a 3-pack of H.S. Strut which included the cuttn 2.5. May try to order a couple Swamp Boys replacements.

megalomaniac

The bird this morn liked a Doug Smith 2 Reed batwing.

Helluva nice fellow. Local call maker I ran into on some public land last year, and he gave me 5 or 6 calls for free after chatting with him for a while.

I don't really have a 'go to' mouth call. All seem to work equally actually killing a bird.

It's natural for hunters to overthink the chess game. Sorta like which scent to use deer hunting. When in actuality it's all about the temperament of the tom, who he's with, and the setup.

Give your $$$ to a maker who deserves it. One who loves the wild turkey more than the money.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
H.S. Strut Split V, basically any Split V call, but H.S. Strut makes them the cheapest. I usually burn through about 2 a season mostly due to not drying them out properly and taking care of the latex so I hate spending money on the more expensive ones.